The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Reporting to the Senior Project Architect, Project Manager, or Architecture Discipline Principal, this role will work closely with architectural design and technical leadership as well as engineering discipline project leads to design, develop, document, observe, and administer the construction of complex program driven facilities.
- Nurturing and maintaining internal and external client networks
- Representing the Company in a positive manner at project meetings, presentations and in public
- Assisting in the preparation and review proposals and on occasion participating in interviews in response to RFPs and RFQs
- Assisting in developing and delivering presentations
- Identifying, implementing, complying with and maintaining applicable Company safety, environmental and quality standards, procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements
- Conveying the Company's corporate vision to the project team
- Assist in the development of job costs, job budget and manpower projections
- Developing and monitoring project production schedules
- Maintaining a project team containing all the resources required to successfully deliver assigned projects in accordance with Company standards and client expectations
- Collaborating with other lead professionals to ensure design and construction documents are in accordance with company standards and client expectations
- Leading and coaching the technical team members and thereby creating a positive team working environment
- Assistance in managing assigned projects from design to close out and maintaining effective integrated project execution strategies and plans
- Maintaining effective communication to the project team to ensure full understanding and commitment to the agreed to deliverables
- Assistance in controlling scope and cost to the agreed project baseline and assisting in the development of corrective plans of action
- Maintaining positive relationships with clients through superior service to ensure client satisfaction with respect to the expectations
- Working with internal and external engineering disciplines to allocate resources for project delivery
- Monitoring and managing change and seek appropriate mitigation strategies
- Initiating and implementing work process improvements
- Assistance in processing monthly invoicing and following up on delinquent payments
- Representing the Company as the primary contact for client interaction during construction administration and serving as a "doer-seller"
- Serving as a primary contributor during construction administration
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture from an accredited University is required; Master's Degree a plus
- Registration as an Architect is required
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the production of healthcare related projects is required
- Must have a thorough knowledge of codes, guidelines and standards effecting healthcare design and construction
- Must have good social, networking, organization, communication, people and presentation skills
- Forward thinking and ability to articulate clear vision and understanding of trends in healthcare design
- Demonstrable experience of the delivery of projects throughout the full project lifecycle and be able to demonstrate experience of estimating, cost control, change management, and skills of persuasions and negotiations on critical construction issues
- A strong conflict manager with a firm and assertive approach but take the analytical approach with a "can-do" attitude.
- Be experienced in the preparation of reports and information using software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Be proficient in the use of estimating, scheduling, programming and risk tools and in the use of Earned Value tools.
- Possess an analytical approach with high-level problem-solving ability
- Being versed in modern project construction techniques within complex, multi-functional organizations
- Must be proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Revit; knowledge of other drafting and presentation software a plus
- NCARB certificate a plus
- LEED accreditation preferred; EDAC certification a plus
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.