As a global leader of Program Management and Construction Management (PM/CM) services with projects ranging from $1 million to programs that cost up to $10 billion, we deliver award winning total Design and/or Construction Management projects for public and private sector clients. From the pre-construction phase, through complete erection of the project, to the post-construction and commissioning, we function as an extension of our clients' goals and aspirations. Project sector and types include: Aviation, Emergency Operations & Data Centers, Healthcare, both Higher Education and K-12, Hospitality & Entertainment, Correctional & Rehabilitation Facilities, and Research & Development Facilities.
Under limited supervision, supports project teams for IT and low voltage systems and equipment for the design and construction of new hospital facilities and/or alternations/modifications to existing facilities, to include scoping/pre-planning/pre-design, design, preconstruction, on-site coordination, construction, quality control.
Selected individual will be required to perform services including, but not limited to, the following:
• Participate in the design process and coordinate with CMD Project teams and HMH IT for various low voltage systems including but not limited to:
o LAN and WAN cabling and infrastructure
o IT equipment and requirements
o Nurse Call, Code Blue,
o Various clinical systems
o Facilities operations systems (i.e. Building Automation, etc.)
o Other systems and infrastructure as needed
• Provide design reviews of systems and infrastructure and coordinate comments with Architect and Engineers of Record, CMD PM, IT PM, Facilities Department and others as appropriate
• Select and procure equipment, systems and infrastructure related to items listed above.
• Manage the inspections, testing and owner training for items listed above.
• Coordinates schedule, delivery and installations for items listed above.
• Coordinate design phase services which may include design and constructability reviews, scheduling, estimating/estimate reviews and value engineering.
• Review vendor's submittals for technical compliance with contract requirements, ensure installed work is consistent with approved submittals in order to make recommendations for final approval of submittals and installed work; review vendor requests for payment for accuracy and acceptability and then submit written recommendation for final approval authority on the payment; prepare estimates for technical changes and review vendor change proposals and cost breakdowns for proposed quantities of labor, equipment and materials; provide written feedback and recommendations on all information reviewed and work inspected; maintain accurate and complete files relating to the IT and Low Voltage services on the project.
• Utilize computerized management system applications such as eBuilder for documenting progress, processing requests for information, preparing draft contract modification documents, maintaining an inventory of materials, supplies and equipment and monitoring the quantity of materials used in the general administration and conduct of office operations.
• Submit weekly and monthly reports indicating work completed, work in progress with estimated completion dates, work scheduled, and outstanding work.
• Attend designated meetings and provide meeting minutes.
• BS or MS in Electrical Engineering.
• Professional Engineer Registration
• Minimum 7 years experience in both Design and Field Construction Administration required.
• Minimum 5 years experience working on healthcare or lab projects.
• Knowledge of all aspects of federal and commercial low voltage construction including but not limited to codes, acceptable installation practices, and applicable testing associated with low voltage systems, telephones systems, data systems, temperature control systems, building automation, medical systems and other similar systems. Ability to review design and construction plans against existing site conditions, assess the need to make changes because of unforeseen conditions or design problems, and propose cost effective solutions.
• Ability to determine compliance of workmanship, materials, equipment and installed work with contract requirements.
• Knowledge of local Construction and building codes. Ability to utilize a variety of software programs to monitor, update, and produce work products by applying knowledge of computers. Ability to utilize a project management database program for administration of contract documents. Ability to utilize BIM in coordinating the work, resolving installation clashes, reviewing shop drawings, verifying facility operations clearances, validating the scope and impact of changes, etc. Ability to communicate orally and in writing and to negotiate effectively.
• OSHA Safety Training Preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.