The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Project Documentation and Presentations: Working as a part of the B/I team to create engineering specifications and other project documentation and presentations. Responsibilities will include the following.
• Creates, edits and produces project reports and related deliverables
• Enhances technical project/client documents
• Develops and enhances project/client presentations
• Coordinates the production of presentation materials and reports
• Conducts project research
• Performs QC/QA on reports to include technical, grammatical and formatting
Special Projects: Periodically supports special assignments related to the group's sales efforts. Responsibilities will include any or all of the following:
• Develops quality sales materials to include presentations, publications, brochures and white papers with minimal supervision
• Leads, drafts and coordinates proposals for RFI, RFQ, RFP etc.
• Leads and coordinates bi-weekly consultancy marketing call and efforts. Documents pursuits and status, tasks staff for information, etc.
• Supports, coordinates, writes, reviews, and edits text, graphics, and metrics for proposals, qualifications, and presentation slides
• Develops, produces, and maintains resumes, project descriptions, memos, letters, etc.
• Networks with inside sales staff company wide to exchange sales-related information
• As appropriate, manages response efforts for client questionnaires, qualifications requests, small sales opportunities (letter proposals), and volumes/sections on larger opportunities.
• 10 years of relevant design and specifications related experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly effective interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in handling multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously
• Ability to work in a high demand environment
• Demonstrated capability of working directly with senior leadership
• Expertise in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) a plus
• Base knowledge of the transportation planning and engineering field a plus
1. Responsible for maintaining and updating renovation and new construction specifications
2. Review specifications for value engineering options
3. Coordinate with manufacturers to maintain updated specifications
4. Coordinate with City agencies as necessary to stay up to date on relevant codes
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.