The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
In this role, the Senior Structural Engineer - Buildings will design various parking structures as well as miscellaneous structures, develop related plans and specifications. This role will be located in Bellevue, WA. Typical work includes but is not limited to the following.
- Plan and design of structural projects including infrastructure structures.
- Acts as part of a team of professionals on multiple projects. Ability to identify and solve design and construction challenges is required.
- Interacts with team members on the project and assists in the coordination of work among engineers and detailers. Strong organizational, interpersonal and effective communications skills are required.
- Preliminary and construction cost estimating. Provides input on the selection of cost-efficient bridges and other structural systems.
- Performs other duties as required.
• WA State Licensed SE required
• MS is preferred
• 8 to 15 years of structural engineering experience with an emphasis on various building types from concept planning through final design
• Parking structure expertise is required, with knowledge of transit facilities a plus
• Strong knowledge of concrete (CIP, P/C & PT), steel, CMU and timber design
• Expertise in the IBC mandatory
• Working knowledge of seismic design required including the various IBC lateral resisting systems
• Knowledge of structural software required: Risa 3D, Enercalc, ADAPT-PT, SAP 2000, and GT Strudl
• Knowledge of AutoCad required with Revit experience a plus
• Emphasis on customer service including ability to track deadlines, multi-task and prioritize tasks
• Ability to develop engineering fee estimates and work plans required
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to lead teams as the Structural Engineer Of Record
• Ability to work with clients, architects, MEP engineers and contractors
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.