Jacobs has developed one of the leading and longest-standing geotechnical and tunnelling consultancy capabilities in the UK, with over 120 geotechnical engineers, engineering geologists, and tunnelling engineers, delivering practical and innovative solutions to ground-related problems. Our Ground Engineering and Tunnelling team provides technical support to a wide range of infrastructure projects throughout the UK, and worldwide.
As a result we're looking for people who have the passion and drive to be involved with major geotechnical projects across a range of sectors: Rail, Highways, Utilities and Nuclear.
As a Principal Geotechnical Engineer, you will lead a team of geotechnical engineers and engineering geologists, providing support and advice to the wider Jacobs business and clients as well as acting as team leader on your own projects. You will lead or assist in the delivery of geotechnical input to projects and will also be required to provide technical guidance and support to less experienced junior engineers and technicians.
The successful applicant will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
- An experienced professional, the successful applicant should be a chartered engineer/geologist or have equivalent experience with a commitment to the pursuit of becoming chartered.
- MEng degree in Civil Engineering or a degree in Engineering Geology or Geology with a post graduate qualification in Geotechnical Engineering.
- All-round technical knowledge of geotechnical engineering.
- Ability to progress schemes from inception to design completion.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a large multi-disciplinary team.
- The ability to produce accurate and well-presented reports is essential in this role.
- Experience of construction supervision and contract administration.
- Experience of ground investigation supervision,
- Laboratory test scheduling and reporting.
- Experience of slope stability, earthwork, foundation and retaining wall design.
- Experienced in the execution of major projects.
- Competitive salary.
- Extensive paid holidays of up to 32 days inclusive of national and public holidays.
- A broad flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, private health care and life assurance.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Opportunity to join a global organisation committed to continuous growth.
Our clients want the real thing, and so do we. Join Jacobs, one of the Most Admired Companies in the industry. What sets us apart is our absolute belief in the power of you. Visit xxxxxxx for an opportunity to build your world.
Jacobs is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the safety and well-being of all.