Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services to industrial, commercial and government clients. With revenues approaching $11billion and over 50,000 employees across the globe we're continuing to grow our business every year.
We are looking for talented people to join us across the UK and Ireland to continue our focus on building relationships and delighting our clients (90% of our business is repeat business). In return we have opportunities to work on unique and exciting projects, and a stable platform upon which to develop your career.
Jacobs has an enviable reputation in the UK consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects with clients that include Highways England, National Contractors and Local Authorities. Our current challenges include a significant portfolio of infrastructure projects for Highways England, Network Rail and a range of local authorities with many more cross sector opportunities in the pipeline.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a talented, experienced and highly motivated Graphic Designer to join our engagement team. This is a brand new role and specialism in the team which provide an exciting opportunity for someone ready to make their mark. You will be part of a busy and growing team and the first step towards establishing a design function.
Your work will vary from producing publications in line with client brand guidelines to producing visually engaging design outputs that clearly communicate the complex infrastructure projects for the average person. The variety of work includes; presentations, brochures, infographics, interactive online reporting and digital.
Responsibilities associated with this post will include:
- Producing engagement deliverables such as documents, leaflets, infographics, digital content, and advertising.
- Implement appropriate systems to manage work.
- Convert complex information into graphics and visual aids.
- Create online off-line digital solutions to present extensive information/documents to the public.
- Grow the capability of the design service our team offers.
- Procure/outsource work as appropriate and manage external graphic/print suppliers.
- Proven graphic design experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Must be a competent user of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Highly organised and passionate about data, design and digital.
- Strong eye for detail and ability to contribute creative ideas.
- Able to work under tight deadlines and to prioritise design focus accordingly.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, visual arts, or a related field is highly desirable.
- Experience of supplier management.
- Experience of setting up management processes for a design studio.
- Client presentation and brand/design workshops.
We offer a competitive package which includes a Pension and Life Assurance Scheme and the opportunity to participate in our Flexible Benefits programme which offers up to 29 days holiday per annum and a range of additional benefits.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.