The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
The Systems and Technology Group works on the system-level design and installation of a broad range of applied systems and technologies with a focus on the transportation and security industries. We are seeking a mid to senior level engineer. Candidates will be expected to have experience in Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), security, communication and fiber optic networks.
- Independently applies engineering techniques and analysis to a broad range of problems and works with the team to develop innovative solutions to clients requirements.
- Works with a moderate level of supervision; has considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Researches, develops, designs, and tests a variety of equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial and industrial purposes.
- Evaluates the desired goals of the system and selects the required equipment, power controls to achieve these goals
- Calculates and evaluates system for industrial and commercial applications
- Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
- Directs activities to ensure that construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements
- Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the customer
- Provide field service maintenance of existing control, security and network systems diagnosis and repair of equipment and systems in field installations.
- Candidate will be required to be on call on a 24/7/365 alternating weekly schedule to support existing maintenance contracts.
- May use CADD software to perform engineering tasks.
- Maintains files of both hard and soft copies of engineering records and project correspondence.
- 10+ years of related experience required
- BS or MS in electronics, electrical engineering or computers
- Specific experience with transportation agencies.
- 10+ years experience with communications technologies and protocols and their application
- 10+ years experience with industrial controls/SCADA systems
- Ability to perform path and link analysis for both wireless and fiber optic systems desirable
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain new and existing control, security and network based systems
- Knowledge of and practical working experience with Microsoft Office productivity suite including Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and oral presentations skills.
- MS in electronics, electrical engineering or computers preferred
- Knowledge of CADD software (AutoCAD or Microstation) a strong plus.
- Knowledge of Physical security design a plus
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.