The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Reports directly to the Oklahoma City Office Manager and serves in a lead technical and project management role for highway and street projects. Lead a transportation design team including highway engineers, traffic engineers, and highway design technicians and oversee all aspects of highway design projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Responsible for the quality of civil engineering work performed, client service, utilization of staff, marketing, reputation of the office, contract management, billing collection, and project profitability for roadway engineering projects.
• Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of transportation projects to ensure that goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
• Establishes work plan and multi-disciplinary staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
• Directs and coordinates activities of Project Engineers, Engineers, and Technicians to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
• Oversees work involving the preparation of roadway and highway planning and design using local (State, County or City) or AASHTO standards at both conceptual and final design levels.
• Initiates and reviews proposals. Participates in interviews and presentations as applicable.
• Maintains positive relationships with current and past clients as assigned.
• Serves as a representative of Jacobs at meetings, presentations, and public hearings/reviews relative to assigned projects.
• Develops, reviews and obtains confirmation of financial and project delivery schedule activities of design and construction as they relate to all disciplines involved.
• Assures that project team complies with the contract agreement as well as exercises rigid cost control to implement the approved design within established budget restraints.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering is required
• At least 10 years of experience in roadway design engineering with progressive project management experience is required
• Experience with Hydrology, Hydraulics, Drainage Design of highway structures and storm sewers is preferred
• Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer (P.E.) in Oklahoma, or ability to obtain, is required
• Experience working with the Oklahoma Department of Transportation and Oklahoma Turnpike Authority is preferred.
• Experience with Microstation and GEOPAK is preferred
• Experience working in and leading large multi-disciplinary teams required
• Candidate with established local client relationships preferred
• Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skill
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.