The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
This senior level engineer will serve in a lead technical role on bridge design projects and perform complex structural planning, analysis and design for all structural aspects of transportation projects. This position requires experience in various types of long span bridges This engineer may serve in the role of project manager for transportation projects and serve as a representative of Jacobs at meetings, presentations, and public hearings/reviews relative to assigned projects. Other duties may include business development, client presentations, proposal preparation, estimating project costs, contract negotiations, and overseeing and ensuring that project quality, schedule, and budget requirements are met.
The successful candidate will possess knowledge and experience in:
• Planning, analysis, design, plan preparation, specification development, bridge inspections, and report writing.
• Must be comfortable being viewed as a technical expert in engineering analysis and design, and have a proven background of technical leadership on structural transportation projects.
• Successful project management experience directing and coordinating the activities on transportation engineering projects to ensure that goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
• Establishing work plans and multi-disciplinary staffing for each phase of a project, and arranging for recruitment or assignment of project personnel. Directing and coordinating the activities of Project Engineers, Engineers, and Technicians to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
• Should be active in technical societies and be available to attend meetings or events outside normal working hours.
• Experience in a teamwork environment and supervising junior engineers is required.
- Masters of Civil Engineering or Masters of Structural Engineering required.
- Minimum 12 years of progressive and demonstrated experience on long span bridges, to include analysis, design and plan development of new and rehabilitation projects. Previously demonstrated project experience with Illinois Tollway and IDOT preferred.
- PE required. Illinois SE registration or ability to obtain required.
- Good working knowledge of MicroStation, Excel, MathCad, Structural Design Software, (examples include SAP2000, CSi-Bridge, LPILE, MDX, CONSPAN, LARSA)
- Experience working on Traditional Bid-Build, Public Private Partnership (PPP) / General Engineering Consultant / Owner's Representative, and Design-Build delivery
- Experience managing and mentoring engineering staff
- Experience with business development
- Experience with FEM Analysis preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Software and a variety of structural engineering analysis and design software required.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.