The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
The Insides Sales Manager (ISM) supports the Buildings & Infrastructure Americas (BIA) division in Chicago. The ISM will develop and support regional sales activities and lead RFP responses in the pursuit of BIA design and construction projects for public and private sector clients. This role primarily supports BIA teams pursuing transportation, rail and aviation design as well as program/construction management across multiple market sectors.
The ISM is a valuable member of Jacobs' Sales Team who drives strategic pursuits and helps build relationships with key clients. The ISM works collaboratively with sales, operations and other Inside Sales staff to develop early win strategy and produce original and strategically-focused response documents, including proposals, presentations and qualification statements. Knowledge of our industry is required. Some travel will be required.
• Responsible for appropriate application of Jacobs' sales process, tools and templates; mentor others in their application.
• Collaborates with sales and operations in early development of distinctive value propositions that set us apart from competitors and enhance our clients' competitive position.
• Leverages our company network to identify and put forward Jacobs' unique capabilities and resources.
• Organizes, directs and motivates a multidiscipline pursuit team to develop strategic sales deliverables in support of the regional business plan.
• Develops high-quality, opportunity-specific response documents with competitive and compelling sales messages to satisfy client business goals.
• Drafts sections and manages the overall production of original response documents that communicate value to the client and enforce the win strategy.
• Develops and implements proposal directives and other pursuit response plans; monitors team progress.
• Organizes and leads response-related meetings (internal and/or client), as appropriate.
• Proofreads and edits technical and non-technical documents for messaging, accuracy, consistency and RFP compliance.
• Works with Inside Sales Coordinators and graphic designers to develop response documents.
• Conduct appropriate internal/external research and respond to internal requests for information.
- Education: 4-year college degree required.
- Experience: At least 7 years of sales and marketing experience or equivalent; similar experience within the AEC (Architecture, Engineering, Construction) industry required.
- Organizational: Strong leader with ability to organize and direct the team, manage conflict and solve problems, and work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment. Ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects and work under strict deadlines.
- Technical: Strong sales acumen and ability to work with the team to develop innovative solutions and identify existing capabilities that respond to client challenges and create distinctive competitive advantage. Strong writing and editing skills.
- Language: Excellent verbal and written communication skills including writing and speaking succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. Ability to get messages across that have the desired effect; effective in a variety of presentation settings (one-on-one, small and large groups with peers, direct reports and managers).
- Other: Work may be required after hours and on weekends, sometimes on short notice. Flexibility and ability to travel required.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.