Jacobs Telecommunication has been at the forefront of creating a new generation of wireless communication infrastructure for over 40 years. We specialize in network development complete telecom life cycle solutions, which has ranked us in ENR's Top 20 Design Firms for the telecommunications sector in 2014. While the wireless world is ever changing, the demand for innovative technology and long term support services remains constant. These services include site acquisition, design and construction, to full operations, maintenance, and deconstruction.
The Structural Engineer (Telecom) will be responsible for the design and structural analysis of new or existing communication structures for wireless telecommunication sites (towers, buildings, foundations, rooftops, etc). The Structural Engineer will also manage telecom site design projects.
- Reviews tower and rooftop structures and foundations
- Analyzes tower and rooftop structures and foundations using hand-calculations, tower analysis software (RISA 3D and TNX Tower) and other accepted engineering methods
- Conform design to local jurisdictional requirements for land use and permitting
- Designs reinforcing and extension solutions
- Coordinates and manages timelines and milestones
- Coordinates with other engineers/designers, drafters, site acquisition and construction personnel in a team environment
- Modify and/or refine details during project to improve design
- Serve as design professional of record for zoning drawings and construction drawings for permitting purposes
- Performs site visits as needed to document field conditions for new sites and site modification projects
- Ensures accurate project status reporting
- Responsibilities will also include project planning and some client contact
- 5+ years of related experience required (wireless telecom preferred)
- BS or MS in an engineering discipline required (PE Registration preferred)
- Ability to travel when needed required
- Valid drivers license required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office required
- Functional to proficient with AutoCAD preferred
- Knowledge of ASD & LRFD, TIA-F and TIA-G code preferred
- Experience in the design of wireless telecommunication sites to include collocations on existing tower sites, water tanks, rooftops and raw land sites is preferred
The successful candidate must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.