The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a mid-level Water and Wastewater Environmental Engineer in our growing Chattanooga, TN office. Candidate will be able to contribute immediately.
- Perform a variety of assignments involved in either the coordination of various environmental engineering, construction, purchasing, scheduling and start up aspects of a project, or the technical excellence of the environmental engineering portion of a project across all disciplines
- Perform preliminary engineering by analyzing data, performing calculations and evaluating options to develop the best solution and make recommendation
- May use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
- Responsible for ensuring that a formal QA/QC review is performed for each project they are responsible for
- Ability to lead projects and interface directly with customer/client, regulators, funding agencies, peer consultants and contractors
- Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned project
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and good organizational skills
- 7-10 years of environmental or civil engineering experience required
- BS or MS in an engineering field required (Environmental or Civil Engineer discipline)
- PE registration required
- Enthusiastic, dependable, self-starter, who is organized and able to work effectively with minimal supervision preferred
- Familiarity with government and public sector projects preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.