JACOBS is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors.
Jacobs has an enviable reputation in the UK consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects. Within our UK Transport Consultancy Business we have an opportunity for an experienced Director to help grow and develop our business in Greater Manchester and the North West. The candidate would join a national business of 275 people which has recently been enhanced in 2013 by our integration with SKM Colin Buchanan and more recently in 2016 Leigh Fisher.
Our business model is based around securing and developing long term relationships and frameworks with our predominately public sector client base which at a national level includes the DfT, NTA, NRA, Welsh Government, Highways England and Network Rail.
Our Local Government client base is extensive and includes long term framework agreements with Centro, Birmingham City Council, Transport for London, Transport for Greater Manchester, South Yorkshire PTE / City Region, West Yorkshire Combined Authority, Devon, Essex, Lancashire, Cheshire East, Buckinghamshire and North Yorkshire County Councils.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for the leadership and growth of the local Transport Planning team in the next 12 months from a starting base of 15 transport professionals to a team of 20+.
- Be responsible for the delivery of key aspects of the office business plan and supporting metrics.
- Management and development of the local client base.
- Management and development of current portfolio of long term frameworks.
- Project Director for a diverse range of Transport Planning projects.
- People and resource management.
- Experience and proven track record within the Local Government market in the North of England area including Local Authorities, Highways England, WYCA, TfGM and SYPTE.
- Experience and proven track record of delivering high profile and diverse transport planning commissions for public and private sector clients.
- Experience and proven track record of delivery against challenging business plan and growth aspirations.
- Experience of leading and developing a medium to large transport planning team.
- Expert Witness Experience
- PRINCE2 Accredited
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.