Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
Jacobs is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of professional technical services to industrial, commercial and government clients. With revenues approaching $11billion and approximately 50,000 employees across the globe, we are continuing to grow our business every year.
We are looking for talented people to join us across the UK and Ireland to continue our focus on building relationships and delighting our clients (90% of our business is repeat business). In return we have opportunities to work on unique and exciting projects, and a stable platform upon which to develop your career.
Jacobs has an enviable reputation in the Highways UK consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects with clients that include the Highways England (HE), Transport Scotland, Welsh Government, National Contractors and numerous Local Authorities. Our plans to add to this portfolio continue apace regionally and nationally.
Recent projects won include being part of Highways England £1.5 billion Smart Motorways programme that will deliver major improvements in technology, traffic lane and signaling with10 new Smart Motorways being designed and built across the UK
As a Highways Engineering Manager, you will have people management responsibilities and will be the lead on a variety of projects. Responsibilities will include:
- Technical Leadership in the execution of a £20m Local Authority Highway Improvement programme;
- Identifying and leading on added value and sustainable engineering initiatives relating to Highway Improvement programme;
- Client relationship management at all levels in client organisations;
- Interfacing with other Jacobs disciplines and offices such as Highway Civils, Geotechnical, Rail, Transport Planning/Traffic Systems, and Environmental;
- Resolving technical and specification / detailing issues as they occur and monitoring progress in your areas of responsibility;
- Strong financial management and monitoring;
- Experienced in team management, staff development and local recruitment;
- Actively pursuing opportunities for business growth and development.
A degree in Civil Engineering;
- CEng MICE
- Several years of experience in the highways improvement sector with delivery of local authority works programmes.
- Experience of liaising/negotiating with client representatives and staff at a senior level;
- Thorough understanding and practical application of the DMRB majoring on alignment, drainage and multi disciplinary coordination
- Workload and resource management skills;
- Capability to oversee tasks and costs and deliver programmed work on time and under budget
- Good IT and presentation skills;
- Experience of motivating and driving delivery teams;
- Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good understanding of CDM 2015 and in particular the execution of Principal Designer duties;
- Relevant Health and Safety training in the infrastructure sector.
Good working experience of ECI or Design and Build projects;
Good working knowledge of different contract types and procurement options including but not limited to NEC3;
Experience of construction techniques and supervision;
We offer a competitive package which includes a Pension and Life Assurance Scheme and the opportunity to participate in our Flexible Benefits programme.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all