JACOBS is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services, offering a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients. As part of that support, Jacobs has developed one of the leading and longest-standing geotechnical and tunnelling consultancy capabilities in the UK, with over 100 geotechnical and tunnelling engineers delivering practical and innovative solutions to ground-related and tunnel problems. We are now seeking to grow our geotechnical and tunnelling team in our London office (London Bridge).
As a Senior Tunnel Engineer, you will have the opportunity to manage and work on a number of major complex projects. You will be the lead responsible for timely production and delivery of our design solutions, reports, specifications and output for tunnels at all design stages and construction methods
The successful candidate will have relevant experience with a proven track record in the design of underground / civil engineering structures with particular training and emphasis in tunnel design for large projects in urban areas, including feasibility studies, preliminary design, detailed design and independent checking. Project experience in deep basement design, cut & cover structures design, bored tunnel linings, sprayed concrete linings (SCL), tunnel portal design in varying geological conditions from soft ground to rock would be beneficial.
The qualifications and skills you will need are:
- Chartered Engineer or close to Chartered EngineerMICE, with MEng or equivalent.
- A n excellent technical background and knowledge of the methods, tools and techniques for the design and assessment of tunnel and underground structural.
- Skills in structural engineering, railway/metro, utility/services or highway.
- Sound client-facing skills.
- Understanding of engineering geology, ground risk management, ground movement prediction and control.
- Understand design risk management, construction, the tendering process and quality assurance management programmes.
- Experience of working within a design consultancy (ideally on multiple and concurrent assignments).
- Understanding of construction methods and buildability aspects of design.
- Practical experience in the construction of underground and related structures/shafts using UK design codes.
- Good communication, team working and problem solving skills
- Competitive salary
- Extensive paid holidays of up to 32 days inclusive of national and public holidays
- A broad flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, private health care and life assurance
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Opportunity to join a global organisation committed to continuous growth
Our clients want the real thing, and so do we. Join Jacobs, one of the Most Admired Companies in the industry.
What sets us apart is our absolute belief in the power of you.