JACOBS is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of professional, technical and construction services. Ranked No.1 in Fortune's Most Admired Companies in Engineering & Construction, we offer career opportunities across the world and across the spectrum - from planning & design to construction & operation.
We are looking for an experienced Planner to join our Tower Bridge based Project Controls Group. Our Project Controls Group work on some of the biggest projects in the rail, highways, aviation nuclear and commercial sectors. As a result we're looking for a Planner who has the breadth of skills, experience and aptitude to work on major projects across multiple sectors.
The Planner must have experience working on major projects in at least one of the rail, highways or aviation sectors; and have the ambition to lead on future major projects. We are looking for someone who is experience with Primavera P6.
The responsibilities of the Planner on a day to day basis would include:
- Address any issues that arise and change the plan according
- Liaise with sub-contractors and suppliers to organize the phases of the construction development
- Produce tender plans to support bids
- Create, maintain, review and administer construction schedules and plans
- Liaise with the production and technical team
- Ensure the progress of the project is running to time scales and cost plans
The ideal candidate will have:
- Significant construction experience on major multi-disciplinary infrastructure projects
- Expert planning and scheduling knowledge
- Experience of Primavera P6 , including resource and cost loading, generating Earned Value reports as well as graphic and tabular progress reports
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel: Table (Vlookup, Filtering, Data manipulation & summarisation) and Excel Functions.General computer literacy in MS Office and MS Project
- Good report writing and presentation skills - accurate and concise
- Ability to develop programmes from first principles as well as critical interrogation of suppliers' programmes
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good personal organisational skills
- Proven planning & scheduling thinking and approach
- Knowledge in Construction Management
- Experience in rail/aviation/highways sectors
- Good understanding of design process
- Knowledge of NEC3 and its application to the programme
- Knowledge of CDM and its impact on the programme
- Good supervisory skills
Jacobs are an Equal Opportunties employer and committed to the safety and well-being of all.