JACOBS is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full-spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors. It is a leading service provider in planning and environmental consultancy and advice, supporting projects at all stages from initial conception through to construction and maintenance, across the UK and internationally.
Our Town Planning team is part of the Environmental Services Group, which is within the Sustainable Solutions business - a unit with approximately 700 professionals covering over 30 disciplines. Jacobs therefore provides one of the largest and most technically diverse capabilities in the planning and environmental sector.
Our work of providing Planning services is of critical importance to our clients, local communities and industry, ensuring that major projects can proceed to successful Planning outcomes, whilst utilising best practice and creative approaches to problem solving. Our Planning discipline currently comprises more than 20 Town Planners based in key strategic locations across the UK, providing technical support to a wide range of development projects especially large infrastructure and public building schemes. This team continues to grow in line with increases in workload.
We have a vacancy for an enthusiastic, hardworking and experienced Town Planner to join the Planning team in London.
At JACOBS we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we're looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there. The successful applicant will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects including international opportunities.
The successful applicant will support a range of projects for clients in major public and private sector organisations with a focus on delivering some of the largest infrastructure projects in the North. Specific duties associated with this post will include:
- Working as part of the Planning team to deliver a range of Planning and Environmental projects. This will include working alongside other disciplines as part of multi-disciplinary teams;
- Writing and reviewing planning deliverables to a very high standard. This includes high level options appraisals, preparing documents for planning applications, and also planning policy preparation and advice;
- Been prepared to work on non-core planning activities such as consents management and environmental coordination.
- Identifying potential health and safety hazards of specific projects and demonstrating a commitment to your own safety and that of those around you;
- Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues;
- Thinking both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems.
- A good degree qualification in a relevant Planning or related degree (accredited to the Royal Town Planning Institute);
- Existing member or working towards Chartered Membership of the RTPI;
- A good understanding of how Local Planning Authorities operate;
- A good understanding of current Planning issues and the Planning process especially with regard to major development schemes and infrastructure projects;
- Strong technical ability with experience in planning applications and related areas including Environmental Impact Assessments and other Impact Assessments;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong organisational and numerical skills;
- Strong team working capabilities;
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to apply knowledge to practical situations;
- A focus on results and project delivery;
- Commercial focus.
- Have the flexibility to work in other disciplines related to planning, in particular an interest or experience of working in one or more of the following: Strategic Environmental Assessment, EIA and public consultation, socio-economic assessment or master planning.
Join JACOBS, one of the most admired companies in the industry. What sets us apart is our absolute belief in the power of our people and our Beyond Zero initiative, which instils a 'Culture of Caring' for staff in everything they do.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.