As a global leader of Program Management and Construction Management (PMCM) services with projects ranging from $1 million to programs that cost up to $10 billion, we deliver award winning total Design and/or Construction Management projects for public and private sector clients. From the pre-construction phase, through complete erection of the project, to the post-construction and commissioning, we function as an extension of our clients' goals and aspirations. Project sectors and types include: Aviation, Emergency Operations & Data Centers, Healthcare, both Higher Education and K-12, Hospitality & Entertainment, Correctional & Rehabilitation Facilities, and Research & Development Facilities.
Estimates labor and material costs of production and engineering in response to Request for Proposal data submitted by prospective customers.
• Analyzes specifications including sketches, blueprints, bills of material or sample layouts, and calculates costs using labor and material pricing schedules and historical data
• Collects cost data from functional representatives, subcontractors, and vendors
• Computes cost estimates of raw materials or subcontracted work and labor
• Prepares and maintains historical cost data
• Creates cost models for estimating elements
• Prepares cost reports and presents findings to management, contract personnel, proposal coordinators, customer representatives, price auditors, vendors, and subcontractors
• Expected to assist in the preparation of larger and more complex assignments
• Represents organization as a prime contact, interacting with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters
• 4 years of experience is required
• BS or BA is preferred
• Proficient in using Sage Timberline is preferred
• Proficient in using OST or familiar with similar take-off program is preferred
• Knowledge of SUCCESS estimating software, MII and PACES is a plus
• Basic knowledge of MS Access is preferred
• Basic Knowledge of MS Office Suite is preferred
Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
Ability to teach others on the use of equipment, software, and peripherals
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong Analytical skills
Time Management: Ensure user problems are addressed in a timely manor.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.