The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Great opportunity to join the expanding Transportation Construction/Inspection work on a large commuter rail project in the Dallas/Fort Worth area!
Inspection will be completed on earthwork/embankments drainage and pond building, roadway base and asphalt and concrete pavements, steel and concrete bridges, roadway lighting, traffic signalization, toll facilities, signing striping and delineation, water, sanitary sewer, gas, electric, and IT utilities.
• Onsite inspection of rail, roadway and bridge construction using predetermined methods, sequences and setups by a heavy highway contractor while working as part of an inspection team.
• The senior inspector will serve the supervisory role and supervise the day to day activities of the inspection staff as well as doing his own inspection tasks.
• Daily the senior inspector will review reports from inspection staff and will write a summary report of all construction activities.
• Assist with conducting inspections, observations and run materials tests and checking construction work while in process and/or upon completion.
• Records and reports observations including video and digital pictures.
• Attend progress meetings and provides input to progress schedules and quantity amounts completed for monthly cost estimates paid to the contractor.
• Will work with a variety of client and Jacobs personnel in the course of completing the work.
• High school graduate or equivalent is required; college is a plus.
• Minimum of 7 years CEI inspection experience is required
• Previous rail inspector experience is preferred
• Must be able to handle basic geometric mathematical calculations involving linear distances, areas, and volumes.
• Must be able to read plans and specifications and have a good grasp of complex construction means and methods.
• Must have good written and communication skills.
• Must have reasonable computer skills and be literate in MS Word and Excel.
• Candidates that are selected will have to pass a mandatory drug screen and Motor Vehicle record will be examined.
• Must have a good driving record.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.