Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation's cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related t
The Digital Strategy Team is responsible for both the day-to-day operations and the future roadmap of xxxxxxx. The team's goal is to bring the best of the e-commerce world to the utility's self-service channel, driving costs down and customer satisfaction up. Functioning like a startup within the relative stability of a large company, this hard working, tightly knit team is a group of high performers who are passionate about driving continuous improvement for each of our 38M web site visits per year.
Our team is comprised of two core areas:
• Web Product Management - The web product management team works with customer insights, business partners and the IT team to drive a cohesive, full-featured, and easy to use online experience for our customers, whether they're accessing xxxxxxx via a mobile phone, PC or tablet.
• Web Operations - The web operations team serves as an in-house creative agency, providing expertise in copywriting, design, publishing, optimization and reporting for our digital properties.
The Web Analyst position is responsible for helping answer fundamental questions about the performance of PG&E's web properties on both the logged in (transactional) and non-logged in (content) sides of the house through data analysis.
PG&E is looking for a Web Analyst to perform analysis on consumer web behavior. Analysis may include web site visitation, transaction completion rates, conversion funnels and customer satisfaction surveys. It will also include training the organization on tag management, and preparing campaign reports for the clients so they can best optimize their advertising spend. You'll work with web analytics software like Webtrends, customer satisfaction tools like Opinionlab, and session replay vendors such as Sessioncam to collect both qualitative and quantitative voice of the customer feedback. You'll also work with tag management software such as Tealium, and data visualization tools such as Tableau.
Minimum required skills:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education/experience
• 5 years' of relevant experience with demonstrable track record
• Degree Mathematics, Economics, or other highly analytical fields of study
• 5 yrs work experience in Web Analytics
• Experience with survey tools like Opinionlab and session playback tools like Sessioncam
• Deep understanding of website analytics packages including Webtrends and Google Analytics
• Understanding of tag management solutions such as Tealium, GTM, etc.
• Highly proficient in Excel. If you are familiar with Tableau it is a plus
• Strong data visualization and communication skills (oral and written) with ability to present findings at all levels
• Self-motivated, results-driven
• Assist in preparing a monthly scorecard and presentation that is shared with executive leadership and the broader organization
• Through data analysis, identify opportunities for optimization that increase adoption and usage of the online channel
• Define, deploy and report on various Opinionlab site feedback surveys
• Keep current with the latest digital/web marketing trends and emerging technologies
• Become the subject matter expert on xxxxxxx consumer behavior
• Build dashboards in Tableau or Excel which communicate various web data, with emphasis on survey data
• Ad-Hoc reporting for web analytics as needed
• Analysis by audience segmentation