Do you have experience as a construction or project manager? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a growing industry? Then take a closer look at Vestas.
Construction Manager (f/m) - Germany
Construction Department Central Europe
The Construction Department is in charge of all wind farm projects from start to completion. The team takes responsibility for a wind farm once a contract has been signed - and remains responsible until the final tests are completed. Working closely with the logistics, procurement and finance departments, the team has to keep the project on budget and on schedule, and ensures our rigorous safety and quality standards are met. It also works closely with the sales and legal departments to ensure each wind farm delivers the highest energy yield within the client's specification.
The Construction Manager (f/m) is responsible for the overall leadership, management, and success of the personnel, equipment and subcontractors required installing wind turbine generator facilities. Successfully meets, exceeds key objectives and performance in the areas of safety results and behavior, execution excellence, team alignment, engagement, motivation, customer loyalty and financial performance. Maintains a highly effective team that is focused on continuous improvement and achieving high-level results. Success is measured against Key Performance Indicators, organizational objectives, initiatives, team motivation, performance and meeting customer commitments.
- Monitors project schedule, ensuring project milestones and deadlines are met.
- Defines site level safety practices and protocol in alignment with organizational standards. Ensures safety procedures are followed and work site is safe for all employees, customers, subcontractors and the public. Champions the journey to an incident, injury and illness free culture and environment. Maintains close partnership with the Health, Safety and Environment department
- Supervises on-site personnel, equipment, and subcontractors
- Establishes and maintains highly effective relationships with the customer and internal partners
- Understands wind turbine technology and basic work practices to help drive efficient cost effective team models that drive customer satisfaction
- Responsible for the project site budget and operational efficiency. Establishes the most effective and efficient staffing model to meet operational objectives. Manages costs that impact the bottom line. Implements initiatives that improve efficiency and effectiveness. Responsible for liquidated damages mitigation
- Ensures site data is updated and processed in a timely manner in the appropriate information systems for reporting and tracking purposes including summary of construction progress
- Responsible for accurate documentation for billing and providing support for efficient accounts receivable
- Inspects work during construction to ensure compliance with plans and specifications
- Bachelor degree in construction management or equivalent
- Several years' experience as construction or project manager, project lead, or other management experience, preferably in a related service, industrial or manufacturing setting
- Technical background required, especially in Substation, electrical instrumentation, hydraulic or rotating heavy equipment. Effective knowledge of technical drawings and schematics.
- Ability to understand and utilize detailed technical information to solve complex problems
- Strong business sense; understanding of the impact of decisions on project budgets
- Strong knowledge of safety procedures and management
- Excellent leadership skills. Demonstrated ability in coaching, mentoring, motivating and developing employees to achieve a highly aligned, motivated and engaged team
- Effective change and conflict management. Proven decision making ability with balanced risk taking. Ability to apply expertise to get results
- Functions effectively under pressure in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands and is capable of multi-tasking
- Excellent English and German communications skills
- Flexibility related to work places (full-time travel to be expected)
What we offer
We offer an exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring environment at the world's leading wind turbine producer. We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
You will become part of a highly professional environment with a strong technical commitment. You will get a unique opportunity to influence the building of complex projects and your own position in an informal and rapidly developing environment.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law.
Please apply online.
Primary work location: Husum, Hamburg or Berlin
Travelling: around 100%
For additional information regarding the position, please contact Raquel Mora Tel. xxxxxxx xxxxxxx11 54
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading
position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.