The Leave Administrator is a new job at Vestas. If you're looking for a challenge where you'll take a new position and transform it into an effective and efficient role that supports Vestas North America, then this opportunity is calling out to you! As the Leave Administrator of North American, you'll be required to drive and manage the leave process while acting as a liaison between different stakeholders. The keys to success in this role time management, process-orientation, effective communication and organization skills.
Leave Administrator - North America
Vestas American Wind Technology, Inc. - Service - US & Canada
Serve as General Leave/Disability/ADA support for North America, partner with regional benefits team and designated third-party providers, site business partners and management to administer Leave of Absence, ADA accommodation claims, and return to work process; first-line contact for third-party provider and employees with elevated leave claims; coordinate with payroll to ensure proper pay and recordkeeping; assist Worker Compensation Administrator on HR claims process as needed; work with facilities, health and safety policies, standards and procedures on an as needed basis.
- Supports Leave of Absence program, including: employee and supervisor communication, status updates; manager follow-up; auditing open/closed claims for timely closure.
- ADA accommodation liaison between TPA, business and employee.
- Prepare and communicate letters, phone calls and e-mails to engage in proper interaction process.
- Gathers and analyzes incident data, and prepares regular and ad hoc reports of trends (accurate documentation is a major function of the job).
- Facilitates Leave/ADA accommodations for site supervisors and employees using a variety of media as appropriate to audience and subject.
- Partners with regional benefits team and providers to ensure consistency in application of policies and procedures and recordkeeping.
- Provide guidance to employees regarding additional steps required for non-certified, non-eligible or exhausted leaves.
- High school diploma or Associate's degree in HR, Business Administration or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years FML/State Leave and ADA experience, or a combination of education and experience.
- Some experience with worker's comp preferred.
- Solid familiarity through practice and/or education with state and federal regulations in the areas of Leaves of Absence/FMLA, ADA and interactive process; familiarity through practice and/or education with state and federal regulations in the areas of Workers Compensation program, federal and state employment law, OSHA
- Experience in multiple location organization and manufacturing environment, preferably factories which include physically demanding jobs that require working with heavy machinery.
- Proven skill in the operation and utilization software such as MS Office products i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Bilingual skills (Spanish) preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including confidentiality, interpersonal skills, presentation skills and an ability to use a variety of communication tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- The ability to work collaboratively on teams, and consult effectively and independently with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize many tasks and complete tasks with accuracy and efficiency.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter and be able to work with a minimum of supervision.
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is located in Brighton, CO.
Position requires approximately 30% travel between Brighton (CO), Windsor (CO) and Pueblo (CO).
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.