Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we're looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
Jacobs Nuclear and Defence offer a diverse range of services including civil and structural engineering, mechanical and electrical building services, mechanical handling, systems engineering, and project and programme management. This includes supporting the UK submarine fleet designing key facilities at Faslane and in Cumbria.
We are looking to recruit high calibre staff to support our technical delivery capability to meet opportunities in the nuclear and defence industries.
We currently have an opportunity for a Project Manager within our team based in Barrow to manage delivery of our services to our key Client, BAE Systems, and their partners in the submarine programme, and develop these business relationships. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Our South Lakes office team, whilst integral to the national organisation, has a key role supporting BAE System's local operations in Barrow. This includes providing civil, structural, mechanical, electrical and nuclear Safety Case services to BAE Systems in support of ongoing operations and for the future nuclear submarine facility developments.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Lead and manage assigned projects ensuring safety excellence, client delight, delivery of the as-sold margin and timely close out.
- Administer project and framework contracts, including for example earned value management, risk management, accurate and timely invoicing and payment, procurement and sub-contract management, internal and external progress reporting and audits.
- Establish execution strategies, plans, and budget based upon application of Project Management practices and experience.
- Manage and control changes transparently and by engaging appropriately with the client.
- Follow consistent project delivery methodology by complying with the Jacobs Quality Management System.
- Assist the technical teams by proactively managing interfaces, for example via Stakeholder Meetings, Design Reviews, and Interactive Planning Workshops.
- Seek and act upon client feedback via formal and informal means.
- Provide resource planning information pertaining to the projects/frameworks so that Operational Management can develop integrated resource planning across projects
- Lead the attraction of new and repeat business through excellence in performance.
- Support proposal development; and ensure that we develop underpinned proposals so that we can deliver what is sold to the clients
- Drive and support continuous improvement of work processes
- Achieve safety excellence; deliver assigned work with zero incidents and in alignment with Jacobs' Beyond Zero objectives
- Retain and share experience and lessons learned to promote continuous performance improvement across the organisation
- Be a proactive member of the Project Management community that acts as a cooperative team in driving the business forward
- A proven track record of successfully delivering multi-disciplined design/consultancy projects.
- Proven ability to manage change control and multi-discipline team resources, and control of Task Orders.
- Ability to foresee emerging issues and to take early and decisive action.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or other related subject.
- Corporate membership of an appropriate professional engineering institution. Alternative academic and professional qualifications may be acceptable providing that appropriate skills and job knowledge are demonstrated.
- PMI or APM membership.
- Experience of marine and nuclear safety related projects
- Experience and knowledge of BAE Systems project delivery and design/engineering processes.
All staff are required to obtain SC level security clearance.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and well being of all.