Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
The PG&E Benefit Administration team oversees the benefits administration for approximately 22,000 employees, 15,000 retirees/spouses, and manages approximately 15 vendors (some of which have contracted with other subcontractors to administer our benefit plans).
You would be joining a dynamic benefits administration team of 10 employees located in Concord and San Francisco, CA.
The Benefits Department is seeking an experienced Benefits Administration Analyst, Sr. This position will oversee several vendors and be the company Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Flexible Spending accounts, SF HealthCare Ordinance, ACA compliance activities, COBRA, and Medicare/CMS. This position will be actively involved in contracting and negotiating renewals. Relationship building is extremely critical in this position, as PG&E now partners with several outsourcing providers and has a very lean H&W team to manage the day-to-day activities. This position requires deep technical knowledge of Health & Welfare benefits, as well as Leave Administration rules, IRS, ACA, Retiree Drug Subsidy (RDS), and ERISA rules and guidelines. Also required is experience in Retiree Medical benefit administration and knowledge of Medicare rules/procedures.
This position reports to the Benefits Operations Manager and serves as one of the primary back-ups.
• 6 years of relevant work experience (i.e. in-depth experience working in Benefits)
• 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience
• Advanced knowledge of health and wellness plans for employees and retirees, including documentation, policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of ACA and 1095 requirements for compliance
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of social security and Medicare benefits, and IRS regulations
• Ability to advise others as a subject matter expert on various benefits scenarios or choices to help employees and retirees make benefits choices and decisions
• In-depth knowledge of Excel, Outlook and SAP
• Familiar with relevant IRS, DOL, ERISA, ADA, ACA, and other state and federal laws and regulations dealing with retirement and health and wellness plans.
• Manages complex vendor relationships to administer Wageworks implementation (Flexible Spending and Medical HAP accounts, Kaiser (including knowledge of their subcontractors - EV1 and Harrington Health), Conexis and other insured HMOs
• SF Health Care ordinance oversight and audit response and remediation plan
• ACA compliance (1095 forms) project manager and SME
• Retiree Drug Subsidy oversight and payment process
• COBRA vendor compliance and oversight
• Oversight of H&W regulatory compliance requirements (including reviewing SPD's, SBC's, OE Communication, etc)
• Oversight of complex payment and reconciliation process through Mercer
• Process improvement identification and implementation
• Inquiry and issue resolution from employees with a complex vendor outsourcing arrangement
• Serves as Back-up for Benefits Manager