Vestas SSC provides processing services to Vestas businesses around the world, mainly in Finance & Accounting, Master Data Management, Procurement, Global Service Support Center and Remote Operations Center.
Manila Shared Services
The Buyer will be mainly responsible for the procurement of materials and related services required by the company in the assigned commodity/product areas. In addition, the Buyer is accountable for securing Purchase Order (PO) creation and maintenance for Vestas globally and represents the company towards the global supplier base.
- Proactively engage and collaborate with Business stakeholders, in order to solve operational issues and problems related to Purchase Orders/Maintenance with speed and quality
- Support Accounts Payables Team on invoice handling and proactively resolve escalated/exception invoices and ensure that invoices are resolved and processed accurately
- Provide excellent customer service to all, including vendors, operating facilities, corporate headquarters, and SSC teammates
- Reviews requisitions pool, to ensure that all requisitions are processed or issued to respective buyers
- Ensures PO's are issued in accordance with Vestas' Procurement policy buying requirements
- Create non/catalogue PO thru SAP and use of other Vestas' systems
- Modify/cancel/close PO
- Decides on rejection of transactions for non-adherence to policies and adequate documentation, therefore deferring processing until the appropriate level of approval or proper documentation is obtained
- Ensures timely, within accepted and agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA), and accurate processing of requests to maintain customer satisfaction
- Participates in customer calls as needed
- Performs testing for system enhancements or resolutions to ensure that updates/changes will not disrupt the production process once implemented
- Runs reports such as, but not limited to, Open Order Query Report
- Reporting to track open orders, supplier confirmations, and delivery dates to ensure communication of order and delivery status
- Provide support and cover for other team members as necessary
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must have at least 1-2 years relevant experience in Buying/Buyer Process/Procurement/Supply Chain function
- Must have a working knowledge of the production and procurement modules of SAP R3
- Good understanding of SAP procurement related MD (PIR, vendor master, quota arrangements and source lists)
- Knowledgeable in SAP standard procurement reports
- Flexibility to work in Shifts and occasional overtime when needed
- Good knowledge in MS Excel & Power point
- The candidate must be detailed oriented and have a willingness to do routine data entry and follow through
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills and able to speak with conviction
- Effective time management, documentation and organizational skills
- Able to rapidly learn technical and business techniques and knowledge
What we offer:
We offer you a challenging role with excellent professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, dynamic, international work environment at the world's leading manufacturer of wind turbines.
Primary work location: MOA Complex, Pasay City, Philippines.
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.