Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
The Safety Health & Environmental (SHE) Department works with all lines of business to develop and integrate innovative and proactive safety, health and environmental solutions. The department develops company-wide policies and procedures for Safety, Health and Environmental providing subject matter expertise on a variety of disciplines. SHE maintains knowledge of, and interprets and determines regulatory compliance with safety, health and environmental regulations, policies, and public and organizational programs.
The Safety Auditor will be responsible for supporting the development, implementation, management and reporting of a complex and comprehensive safety audit program across the Company lines of businesses (LOB's). He/she will be conducting compliance audits and identifying and documenting compliance deficiencies, and translating them into business-minded corrective actions while working with our LOB's to develop strategies for corrective action close-out. The position will require in excess of 50% travel which may include overnight stays.
- Bachelor's degree in the field of safety such Occupational Safety & Health, Environmental Management, Construction Management or related or equivalent experience
- 7 years of progressive safety experience in construction, utility, or relevant industry
- Advanced knowledge of Cal/OSHA general industry and construction safety orders and other recognized safety regulations and standards (e.g., ANSI, NFPA, NEC, ASTM, Fed OSHA).
- Advanced knowledge of risk assessment methodologies, processes and strategies.
- Advanced knowledge and experience tracking, trending, presenting and reporting audit results.
- Proficient computer and technology skills.
- Highly effective communication skills with the ability to lead client meetings, discuss issues and controls, and report on progress of work product with client manager, director, or project team.
- Ability to positively influence business owners on control solutions.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multi-discipline team, mentor less experienced team members, within a fast-paced, results orientated department.
- Ability to express complex problems and control deficiencies in a business context.
- Experience in providing quality customer service and support in a professional and confident manner.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Professional Certification (e.g., CSP, ASP, CHST).
- Utility experience.
- Experience interacting with Cal/OSHA.
- Experience in conducting and evaluating complex root cause analysis investigations and evaluating the effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Experienced trainer.
- Experience with emergency response operations.
- Advanced knowledge of key PG&E organizations and their potential exposure to safety and health risks.
- Recognized and trusted as a knowledgeable safety professional
- Conduct audits to Identify, document, monitor and report regulatory compliance and job site hazards present throughout Company work sites.
- Conduct audits to Identify, document, monitor and report Safety Management System (SMS) compliance.
- Supporting the development and management of corrective actions derived from audits.
- Providing expertise on the design of controls into new and existing business processes.
- Developing, tracking, trending and reporting program audit metrics.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships within all levels of our LOB's.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.