This role will provide technical leadership and oversight on a range of urban water management related projects.
As well as the package management role, the successful applicant will work with the team leader and Project Managers to mentor, motivate and develop the skills and experience of more junior members of the team. They will ensure high quality standards are met and all team members are given the opportunity to achieve their technical career ambitions.
The successful applicant may also have a role in managing projects and contributing to bids and business development activities.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- The key areas of responsibility associated with this role would be:
- Preparing data and specifications for survey work, and evaluating outputs from flow or asset surveys
- Conducting model build and verification
- Developing and testing outline solutions to problems/needs associated with the performance of the drainage network (e.g. flooding, pollution)
- Identifying and evaluating the hydraulic and engineering constraints and feasibility of outline solutions
- Writing or providing input to investigation or solutions reports
- Managing packages of work to time and budget
- Interacting with other UK and global wastewater modelling staff
- Meeting clients where required to discuss project findings
Key requirements and experience include:
- Experience in using InfoWorks CS, with experience in InfoWorks 2D and/or ICM desirable
- Experience in the UK water and wastewater industry will be an advantage
- Familiar with application of UK best practice for drainage modelling (e.g. WaPUG code of practice)
- Experience in drainage area planning, hydraulic model build and verification, and the use of models to test solutions in drainage networks
- Bachelor degree in civil engineering / earth sciences and allied subjects, with strong mathematical and science basis
- Graduate member of an appropriate recognised institution, actively working towards chartership
- Sound engineering and hydraulic aptitude and ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge or desire to develop skills in river modelling or river engineering (desirable)
- Knowledge or desire to develop skills in urban drainage design (desirable)
- Long term project programs and work commitment,
- Benefits such as private medical care, life insurance, subsidized sport activities, flexible working hours
- Personal development opportunities and possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Great atmosphere in dynamic and developing team
- Necessary training for project software
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let's get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location CH2M, Krakow
View on Google maps