Mechanical Process Technicians Newport, South Wales
We are currently seeking talented Mechanical Process Technicians
to join an expanding shift team at ExxonMobil's Advanced Elastomer Systems Ltd.
, in Newport, South Wales. Our Ideal Candidate
Our Offer We offer an excellent remuneration & benefits package including a very competitive salary, shift allowance, final salary pension scheme, attractive 2-for-1 company share plan and private health care for employees and their families. About the Role
- Has a strong mechanical skillset and relevant experience in a chemical or similar plant environment
- Has leadership experience, or is able to demonstrate the potential to Lead
- Has knowledge of Health, Safety and Quality systems
- Is a self-starter, takes initiative and can work alone, or as part of a team
- Has fault finding and troubleshooting skills to carry out breakdown intervention and assist others with the repair of Process Plant
Working as part of a small shift team, Process Technicians are responsible for the safe and efficient operation of their work area. Their focus is on safety, health and the environment, ensuring reliability and operational integrity, while always seeking new ways to improve equipment and systems' performance. Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience required
Responsibilities will include
- As a minimum, a good general education: Grades A-C at GCSE level including Maths, English and one other Science/Technical subject
- Experience working in an operational role on a chemical process plant, or related engineering or heavy industry field
- Mechanical competency and experience essential, preferably supported by a recognised mechanical apprenticeship. Advantage to have 415v and low voltage system experience. HV experience not required.
- Ability to read P&ID and mechanical drawings
Key attributes of the Process Technician
- Operating extrusion and packaging plant equipment via control room and field based control systems
- 1 st response to mechanical breakdowns, basic fault finding and 1 st line maintenance and repairs.
- Monitoring activity and diagnosing faults, carrying out planned and unplanned start ups and shut downs
- Responding to incidents, hazardous conditions or emergencies
- Routine care of the operating equipment to maximise equipment reliability and minimise the need for plant maintenance
- Work within shift to ensure delivery of individual and team responsibilities and objectives
- Conduct detailed shift handovers.
- Fork lift truck operation - up to 2.5 tes
- Issue work permits for operations and tanker offloading areas.
Position Open Now | Closing date 31 September 2016
- Commitment to high standards in safety and quality of work
- Driven, motivated & committed to ownership and completing tasks
- The ability to communicate well verbally and via IT-based systems
- Able to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment while making decisions focused on safety, reliability & performance of the business
- A flexible attitude to the job and the ability to demonstrate leadership capabilities
Requirements of Candidate
If you have any questions about this position, please contact xxxxxxx
ExxonMobil Chemical Ltd.