Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
PG&E's dynamic Finance Performance Systems team ensures that all finance systems are operational, managed and effective to support the needs of a dynamic finance organization. The team is also responsible for driving structured improvements into finance processes and systems via large scale multi-year projects and small enhancements released on timed schedule. These services are critical to a company with over $34 billion in assets and revenues of over $12 billion and that has the responsibility to serve over 5 million electricity distribution customers and over 4 million natural gas distribution customers.
This high profile department provides a great place for energized and talented employees to ignite their career, make a contribution and be recognized. The work of the Finance Performance Systems department is key to the company's success and provides challenge and variety, including involvement in developing, communicating, and implementing processes and system changes that impact every employee in PG&E Finance as well as employees in every line of business supported by Finance
This position will serve as a Senior Information System Analyst for the Financial Application Support Team. The individual will be the liaison between the business and IT leading business process improvement activities and accounting system support and implementation. Systems support includes various accounting and tax applications, such as SAP General Ledger, FERC Reporting, Accounts Payable, Business Planning and Consolidation, Debt and Business Warehouse. The position requires strong analytical and communication skills, project management, financial information systems implementation experience and accounting knowledge.
This role will be expected to coordinate / manage all activities to ensure they are completed on time and in a high quality manner.
• BA/BS in business, finance, accounting, or engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent experience
• Minimum 5 years SAP Financials configuration, process improvement implementation, report maintenance and development
• CPA or equivalent
• Masters Degree in Finance, Business Administration or Industrial Engineering
• Knowledge of SAP ECC 6.0, Business Warehouse, Treasury, Reconciliation Management, Disclosure Management, Runbook Reconciliation Management, Concur Expense and Taulia Invoice Management
• Business process knowledge of Long and Short Term Debt and Bonds Payable, Commercial Paper
• Consulting experience, Big 4 preferred
• Project management experience
• Knowledge of Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Accounting
• Knowledge of utility industry
• Lean Six Sigma Certification
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience with process improvement implementation
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Suite especially Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Visio and Project
• Ability to communicate effectively with employees at various levels across the Company
• Effective teamwork and leadership skills
• Can effectively translate results and findings into an executive summary
The individual must be able to:
• Provide ongoing operation and maintenance support for existing functionality in the SAP General Ledger, FERC Reporting, BPC Consolidation, Accounts Payable or Debt modules. This includes month end close support, end user support, training material development and delivery and trouble shooting errors.
• Maintain existing Business Warehouse (BW) Analysis for Office reports and develop new reports.
• Identify and implement process or system improvements. This includes understanding current state business and system processes, recommend changes and address change implications. The role is expected to develop work plans, monitor progress, lead business requirements gathering, develop functional specifications, collaborate with our IT partners for system development work, configure SAP Financials or other applications as appropriate, develop test plans, coordinate and execute tests with the business and IT, develop conversion and cutover plans, develop and deliver training.