Job & Organization Summary
In a modern refinery, the inspection group is a key part of the organization in maintaining a safe and reliable operation. This group is responsible in identifying degradations, inspecting to identify the extent and defining repairs/replacements as required. The inspection group works together with other parts of the organization to plan and execute the different phases. Primary Job Functions of an Inspection Engineer:
As an experienced hire, he/she is expected to add value to the inspection group with specific knowledge and experience. He / She has the responsibility to develop and execute an inspection plan for plant equipment/piping in line with company guidelines and Italian regulations. As part of the inspection group, he/she will be a key member in the decision process for the yearly work plan. He / She will need to work together with the team to decide on necessary repairs and/or replacements for equipment. As an international organization, he/she needs to connect with peers all over the globe to share and learn.
Requirements of Candidate
• Mechanical, Materials or Inspection Engineering degree or equivalent by experience
• Relevant working experience in an oil and gas production facility
• Fluency in English
• Understanding of metallurgies, corrosion mechanisms and mechanical degradations common in the petrochemical industry is recommended
• Knowledge of RBI (Risk based Inspection) / RCM (Risk Centered Maintenance) is highly recommended.
• NDT (Non Destructive Testing) qualifications are an asset.
• Genuine interest and orientation to work in an international context
• Work/study experience abroad an asset
• We are looking for talents who have strong leadership, interpersonal, analytical, technical & organizational competencies.
• Our people are driven, result-oriented and focused on getting the best out of their teams.
• Our company culture: open, with an international mindset and down to earth.
• Development through our hands-on approach, job rotation system and regular training enable our people to learn and develop their talents continuously. The acquired skills and knowledge will help them to become our future generation of technical specialists.
Esso Italiana Srl