Ensures, manages and optimizes the technical quality, maintainability, compliance and interfaces of services within the IS Network Tower in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) time zone area.This position is based in the EMEA time zone area. Please refer to the 'additional information' section for further guidance.
- Acts as and is regarded as an SME authority for Network Tower and will be assigned to one of the IS services.
- Performs assigned activities in the service catalog management, change implementation management, release & deployment management, incident and major incident management, event management, service level management, problem management processes to ensure delivery of IS Services.
- Collaborates with IS suppliers with regard to the operational implementation of outsourced activities and/or the current license usage, consistent with existing agreements.
- Conveys architecture, standards, policies, norms, and guidelines to IS Supply.
- Responsible for assessing and providing recommendations relating to trend analyses of incidents, working with the relevant IS Service Coordinators.
- Day-to-day tasks associated with operating and maintaining networking infrastructure.
- Characterizes and analyzes network traffic to identify anomalous activity and potential threats to network resources.
- Helps application owners to condition the network.
- Analyzes and monitors network workload, capacity and performance.
- Examines network topologies to understand data flows through the network; recommend corrections and improvements.
- Engages on major outages, drives/manages these outage to a quicker resolution, after the resolution propose the follow up action from the outage for long term resolution.
- The role engages on reviewing all High/High-related changes for the region from the technical perspective.
- BSc degree with 2 + years of hands-on experience in IT infrastructure services on a large scale.
- Understanding of the Open Systems Interconnections (OSI) model is a must.
- In-depth knowledge in WAN transport systems/services, Telecommunications systems/service, LAN switch technology (including Spanning tree, VTP domain management), routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP4).
- Proven ability to manage a multi-vendor WAN, multi-protocol routing, including but not limited to EIGRP, BPG4, OSPF and RIPv2.
- Strong hands-on experience on Cisco Network Hardware.
- Hands-on experience on Multi-vendor hardware like Checkpoint firewalls, BIG IP F5 load balancers & Proxy hardware.
- Hands-on experience in some of or all following areas: VSS, Data Center Technologies, HSRP, VoIP , DMVPN, SSL VPN/IPSec VPN, Wireless technologies, DHCP management, Firewall skills, IPS/IDS, Internet proxy, F5 load balancers, WAAS, WCCP, MPLS services framework.
- Proven experience of LAN/WAN/Security design & implementation experience; completing projects wing2wing from planning, design and implementation.
- Configure & Verify Checkpoint and Cisco ASA firewalls. Knowledge on the features of Checkpoint and Cisco ASA.
- Explain scenarios & have working knowledge to troubleshoot the functions of firewall (Packet Flow, Captures, NAT, Routing, ACLs).
- Proven technical troubleshooting abilities.
- Technical understanding of Cisco Catalyst 6K chassis configuration, UC and IPT configuration overlay designs.
- Solid understanding of COS, and DSCP-QoS configurations.
- Ability to diagram and inventory the network and associated resources.
- Understanding of network security, vulnerabilities, and countermeasures.
- Will be required to periodically work shifts incorporating either an early start or late finish.
- Good command of English.
- Cultural awareness and the ability to work in a complex, multicultural and global team.
- Be a committed team player.