The ABB Global Business Services - Information Systems organization (GBS IS) is a unique unit delivering IT application development and IT infrastructure services which support business processes of ABB across the world. Everyday a team of talented developers, infrastructure experts, project managers, service managers and other specialists work on advanced IT solutions which improve the efficiency of our company and enable new business capabilities. Currently we are setting-up a new "IS Innovation Organisation" (so-called IS Incubators) to explore and drive to maturity new IT technology. IS Incubators have a clear goal to achieve results fast but are flexible and agile in terms of structure, delivery, internal processes and sourcing They evaluate technologies and concepts, learn and adapt when it doesn't immediately work out as expected. Plan, build and run will be driven within an IS Incubator for agility, rapid prototyping, short time-to-market and, not at least, prove business value, until the concept reaches minimum maturity level so it can be handed over to the regular ABB IS delivery organization. The abovementioned activities will be performed in close collaboration with Enterprise Architecture to ensure that all IT application components fit together from a technical and business perspective and that the company takes advantage of new technology developments. To set up those incubators we are looking for IS Technology Leaders - self-driven, motivated candidates who will take overall responsibility for driving innovation in DevOps and Platform-as-a-Service Adoption area, build and manage team of experts and contribute to defining and transforming IS landscape in ABB.
• Take full responsibility for driving a specific innovation area. Build and manage a team of experts. Be ready to adjust plans to changing environment and requirements;
• In collaboration with Domain Architects, Business Stakeholders and SalesForce team plan and execute PoCs to evaluate capabilities and limitations of xxxxxxx and other technologies around SalesForce;
• Provide support to a learning organization model through coaching, training, and mentorship. Take advantage of blogging and community support to increase visibility and adoption of DevOps concept across IS Community;
• Suggests innovative solutions to business problems/ processes that leverage technology to provide marketing differentiation, performance improvements, and better user experiences;
• Provide expertise to project teams in collaboration with other architecture disciplines;
• Define, influence, and communicate technical direction, to make decisions, to be driven and work autonomously in order to ensure the successful implementation of solutions.
Responsibility for leading, mentoring, assigning tasks and assisting individual contributors;
• Transfer knowledge and support extending sustainable SalesForce delivery organization.
• Many new technologies to be evaluated and assessed in terms of value for ABB;
• Many stakeholders, ever-changing priorities, multi-cultural environment;
• Influencing key IS stakeholders to maximise value by introducing IS innovation;
• Broad project portfolio with very different functional & technical requirements as well as different delivery timelines;
• Coordination with multiple internal and external teams and vendors;
• Maintaining the right balance between specific local requirements vs. a certain degree of standardization to achieve synergies.
• Having innovative mindset, preferably with a start-up background. Willing to go the extra mile and look for opportunities instead of just doing the job. Ready to learn by doing. Expert in technology but also engaging with other teams and business stakeholders on any level.
•Senior developer or solution architect background with proven track record of delivering complex solutions based on different technologies;
• General knowledge about SalesForce, xxxxxxx, Salesforce1;
• Advanced experience in Apex and Lightning, xxxxxxx, SalesForce1, cloud integration and big data will be an advantage.
•Hands-on, can-do attitude, able to deal with typical "start-up challenges".
• Easy to work with, charismatic, good listener;
• Can easily switch between understanding and looking at (or presenting) details versus taking a holistic view;
• Is a respective leader, can motivate and persuade his/her team and stakeholders, pro-actively reaches out to stakeholders.
•Puts team results in front of personal results;
• Remains neutral and objective when it comes to analyzing facts and selecting solutions;
• Motivated by long term results;
• Open for collaboration, communication and reaching across teams and functional borders.