Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
The IT Senior Business Analyst (Pricing Products and Customer Analytics) is focused on understanding the business context, strategies, and drivers for supporting the PG&E Customer Care business with focus on supporting customer electric and gas rates, and customer analytics. They must develop strong relationships within the business unit as well as within application teams to become experts in the intersection between the business unit and the applications that support it. Assembles, analyzes, and translates business requirements into detailed requirements and functional specifications. Performs feasibility analysis; develops project scope; provides recommendations on the
alternative solutions, project strategy and deliverable prioritization. Analyzes business needs and defines detailed requirements and validates solutions with the client.
• B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent work experience in Engineering, Computer Science or other related discipline required.
• 5+ years combined experience of IT business analysis and solution development in Technology domain.
• Experience capturing detailed business requirements, to a data element level and the business functionality being performed
• Ability to communicate technical concerns and considerations to non-technical stakeholders required.
• Skill in conceptualizing creative solutions, as well as documenting them and presenting/selling them to senior management required.
• Excellent analytical and technical skills required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Ability to collaborate effectively in fast-paced team environment required.
• M.S degree or equivalent work experience in Engineering, Computer Science or other related discipline,
• 5+ years of combined experience in utility based environment for gathering business requirements and analysis for projects
• Experience working on platforms like CC&B, MDM, CRM using Salesforce, or working with the SME's and translating business requirements to technical terms
• Experience working on relational databases and ability to write SQL
• Experience working on projects that delivered web services and understanding of XML
• Experience managing work within a complex regulatory environment is desired.
• Performer who can work with multiple business departments and can proactively engage them and prioritize the project delivery.
• Prior experience in Gas and Electric Utilities
• Accountable for gathering requirements and designing comprehensive technology solutions supporting business that meet PG&E requirements on high-impact projects.
• Exercise independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance with broad scope and high complexity.
• Provide consulting in information technology to the client to identify and satisfy the business needs.
• Analyze end-to-end complex business processes and information needs of the business clients in one or more business functional areas (may include external entities).
• Understand in detail the current and future business environment of the business clients; effectively anticipate, identify, and fully meet the business needs.
• Identify, propose and influence IT solutions to complex business problems; negotiate requirements and deliverables with multiple business clients.
• Capable of deep diving into design or systems support during interactions with client/customer or vendor(s)
• An advocate for business unit and IT operational clients to ensure business requirements are cost effective and needs are met.
• Collaborates with other IT functional areas to remain apprised of project status, and inform PG&E Customer Care management of progress; conversely, keep IT's technology and service managers aware of key PG&E Customer Care issues, identifying and resolving potential problems and conflicts.
• Seeks ways to apply new technology to, and reuse existing technology for, business processes; research and provide information on technical trends and competitors' practices relevant to the PG&E Customer Care business