Coordinates and optimizes the day-to-day Hosting vendors' operations delivery within Europe and Middle East (EME) time zone area. Analyses existing infrastructure capacity and plans the capacity growth. This position is based in the EMEA time zone.
• Ensures that Data Centre service are delivered by the 3rd party vendors efficiently and timely;
• Works as focal point for daily Hosting vendors' daily operations;
• Streamlines the communication between the suppliers and ABB to avoid any communication gaps;
• Reviews selected operations reports to asses vendor performance and assure compliance with ABB policies and standards;
• Creates and reviews Data Centre working procedures;
• Cooperates with Hosting Service Coordinators by selected Incident/Change Request planning and implementing;
• Ensures engagement of Hosting Tower SMEs into the technical aspects of vendor operations;
• Participates in handling escalations related to DC operations;
• Initiates Data Centre improvement actions.
Control and planning;
• Analyses the capacity of the existing Data Centre infrastructure based on the guidelines and pre-defined parameters provided by Solution Architects and SMEs (no deep technical knowledge required);
• Tracks ABB demand pipeline to understand future capacity expectations and plans the capacity growth according to the pipeline demand and pre-defined system specification standards;
• Works with other Hosting members on providing new capacity to satisfy the future demand;
• Provides input to ABB group responsible for SLA and reporting.
• Keeps knowledge up to date regarding Data Centre processes, technology and industry practices in relation to relevant IS Tower Service.
IS - Services:
• Respective IS Tower Service (Hosting).
Incident, Change or Project:
• Works with other teams and PMs by incident/Change Requests processing.
ABB IS EA and IS Strategy:
• Keeps up to date and informed about any change or planned change of the ABB IS Enterprise Architecture and ABB IS Strategy.
• Supports the management and optimization of service delivery processes for relevant IS Tower Service;
• Performs assigned activities in the change implementation management, release and deployment management, incident management, service level management (service level reporting, service improvement), user support and problem management processes to ensure delivery of IS Services.
• Adheres to IS process framework and governance model. Chairs Operational Status Meeting;
• Participates in Change Control Meeting and Cross Tower SME Meetings when needed.
All applicants should ensure that they understand and are capable of meeting the accountabilities listed in the 'tasks' section for this position. The Key skills required for this position would be:
• Experience in managing daily IT vendor operations in large environment (managing Data Centre Operations would be an asset);
• Experience in analyzing data, based on pre-defined criteria and planning/estimating future changes based on the trends and input information;
• At least basic ITIL methodology knowledge;
• Project Management experience would be an asset.
Additionally, the role will require:
• Competence in spoken and written English;
• Good communication skills;
• Cultural awareness and the ability to work in a complex, multicultural and global team;
• Be a committed team player;
• Will be required to periodically work shifts incorporating either an early start or late finish;
• BSc with 3+ years of experience.