Are you passionate about driving Continuous Improvement in an international environment with a global leader of Wind Energy? And would you thrive in a value adding change management role, where you implement both your solid experience in improvement methodologies and your interpersonal skills? Then please have a look at this career opportunity!
Global Service, Global Service Excellence
Vestas' Global Service became a separate business unit during 2014 due to the growing commercial and strategic significance of the service business. With our corporate strategy "Profitable Growth for Vestas" we have communicated specific, ambitious growth targets for Service in the coming three years. To achieve these targets while keeping our cost base steady, is requiering a fundamental shift in how we operate - commercially as well as operationally.
The Global Service Excellence team is responsible for driving our Service Business' continuous improvement and execution excellence culture. We drive the process for Strategy Deployment, work on establishing global concepts, and execute breakthrough improvements based on world class methodologies such as Lean and Six Sigma
As Operational Excellence Partner you will be part of a team of Lean and Six Sigma black belts in different geographical regions, working on constantly increasing the Operational Excellence maturity of the Service business.
Your main responsibility is to create value for our customers and shareholders by engaging with our operational front line organization to execute improvements reducing operational costs, and increase speed and productivity through waste elimination, while maintaining high safety and quality standards.
More specifically, the tasks you will perform in your region will include to:
- Ensure Lean and Six Sigma deployment and asses training and certifications needs
- Perform periodical Lean maturity assessments
- Execute Lean Transformation plans based on Lean maturity assessment
- Facilitate kaizen events to drive improvements
- Reduce operational costs through Lean Six Sigma implementation and development of standard concepts
- Facilitate sharing of Lean best practices across different regions.
To succeed in this position we expect you to have:
- An academic degree on Bachelor level or higher
- Approximately 3 years' of relevant Continuous Improvement experience
- Experience within the Service area of the Wind Industry is advantageous
On a personal level you are a strong change manager with the ability to drive value stream based improvements in a persuasive and positive way, using your excellent interpersonal skills. You are capable of managing your stakeholders and communicate the next steps and end goals in a clear way that makes sense seen from an operational perspective. In addition, the ideal candidate is expected to:
- Have experience with change management in a complex organization
- Have a relevant certification or education in continuous improvement disciplines
- Be able to connect Operational Excellence concepts with operational and financial performance
- Be analytical and conceptual thinking with creative problem solving skills
- Have the ability to make an impact and get buy in from management teams and functional teams
- Be able to manage multiple projects in different countries
- Have excellent presentation and communication skills, in a fluent English, written and spoken
What we offer
You will be part of a high-performing and high-paced team in a global environment with a global leader of wind energy. Furthermore, you will have great impact and influence on the profitability and development of our business. For the right candidate this position will be a platform for further development opportunities in an international organization.
- Your primary work location will be Aarhus, Denmark. However, as we operate in several regions we are open to place the position in Szcezecin, Poland or Malmö, Sweden.
- You should expect approximately 100 travelling days per year in the Northern Europe region.
- For additional information regarding the position, please contact our Head of Lean Development, Juan Antonio Rodriguez at xxxxxxx xxxxxxx.
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.