Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
The Enterprise Mobility Center of Excellence (SMARTworks) is a new enterprise team that is responsible for working collaboratively with the lines of business (e.g., Gas Operations, Electric Operations, etc.) to implement consumer grade mobile solutions across various user groups (e.g., field users, office workers, etc.). This includes, but is not limited to:
• Deploying best-in-class / rapid delivery capability for mobile solutions
• Simplifying, improving, and standardizing business work management processes for mobile needs
SMARTworks consists of a staff of highly skilled professionals working together to produce mobile solutions following an agile methodology. We are a "start-up" department within IT and building a team of driven and creative mobile developers. We take the time to understand our partners' needs and translate those into solutions that delight our users. Our goal is to deliver products with intuitive user experience that will improve PG&E employees' safety, productivity and overall well-being.
We are seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Analyst /Tester to test iPhone and iPad applications. You will work closely with the development team and product owner on tracking errors/bugs in the application. Your primary focus will be to ensure that the mobile application is bug-free and provides a flawless user experience. The right person for this role is motivated and passionate about software testing. Also, high attention to detail and professionalism are keys to be successful in this role.
• The opportunity to contribute, in the earliest stages, a best in class digital organization that ships real products to real users every week
• Extreme management support for your development and your day to day success
• Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing team
• Best in class perks and benefits
• BA/BS in Computer Science/Information Systems, Business, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years of experience in test script, test case, test suite and test plan creation
• Knowledge and experience of issue tracking / project management tools
• Knowledge of mobile application testing and tool
• Quickly and methodically detect and log issues and track their progress
• Eperience with Agile Methodologies and Pair Programming
• International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) Tester
• Experience working in star-up environment or organizations with agile culture
• Live bug tracking
• Test mobile applications to ensure a flawless user experience
• Release high quality products in terms of defect mitigation and experience
• Work closely with the development team to test new features
• Support creation of documented test cases / test plans & implementation
• Work with product stakeholders to prioritize and solve bugs and deliver feedback
• Providing creative feedback of application content, investigating user reported bugs, documenting/ submitting them to development teams
• Enter detailed, but concise bugs into a bug database
• Analyze the crash logs and analytics report to root cause the error/ issue