The ABB Software Development Center (SDC) in Łódź is a unique unit working on world class quality commercial business software development. Currently we are looking for the experienced and open minded professional that will help us to build a new cross-application platform and onboard various ABB software. The platform itself is aimed to set up a new way of thinking about the industrial software with a strong orientation on the customer needs, supported by the top modern technologies. If you are brave enough to change the ABB software world, this is a place for you.
Please note that this position is based in Łódź.
The role is accountable for the following activities:
• Work in a globally present development project team;
• Take a high level architecture from the Architect/TPM and convert it into a detailed design (taking into account such aspects as: good design practices and the required functionality, performance, scalability, reliability etc.);
• Implement the detailed design after review and/or direct other developers in the implementation of the design;
• Mentor and validate junior team members implementation;
• Write or direct others in the product and development documentation.
• Degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent;
• 3 years+ experience in software development;
• Working knowledge of Web Services integration (REST, WSDL/SOAP, XML, JSON), database; engines (MSSQL), source control (Git/TFS);
• Experience in creating detailed design from high-level objectives/architectures;
• Experience in code quality assurance (unit testing, static code analysis);
• Experience in writing product documentation;
• Knowledge of OPC (DA, HDA, UA) would be an advantage;
• Excellent communication skills: verbal and written English.