Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
The Enterprise Mobility Center of Excellence (SMARTworks) is a new enterprise team that is responsible for working collaboratively with the lines of business (e.g., Gas Operations, Electric Operations, etc.) to implement consumer grade mobile solutions across various user groups (e.g., field users, office workers, etc.). This includes, but is not limited to:
• Deploying best-in-class / rapid delivery capability for mobile solutions
• Simplifying, improving, and standardizing business work management processes for mobile needs
SMARTworks consists of a staff of highly skilled professionals working together to produce mobile solutions following an agile methodology. We are a "start-up" department within IT and building a team of driven and creative mobile developers. We take the time to understand our partners' needs and translate those into solutions that delight our users. Our goal is to deliver products with intuitive user experience that will improve PG&E employees' safety, productivity and overall well-being.
We are seeking an experienced iOS Developers to build iPhone and iPad applications. Your primary focus will be development of iOS applications and their integration with back-end services. You should be comfortable at both the application coding and UI creation based on design team specifications. You will be working alongside other developers, designers, and product owner. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving and the creation of quality products is essential. You will take us from mobile application discovery through implementation, build our framework to create innovative and scalable solutions, and will shape the path forward as our future needs evolve.
What you will get:
• The opportunity to contribute, in the earliest stages, a best in class digital organization that ships real products to real users every week • Extreme management support for your development and your day to day success
• Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing team
• Best in class perks and benefits
• BS degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
• 4 years of overall IT experience.
• Experience with iOS & Xcode development . Please include portfolio of your projects / GitHub link with resume.
• Certification and/or post graduate work may be desirable.
• Proficiency with Objective-C and Swift. Strong ability with latest iOS SDKs
• Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc.
• Understanding of Apple's design principles and interface guidelines
• Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
• Very strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
• Experience with Agile Methodologies and Pair Programming
• Strong initiative and enthusiasm.
• A passion for mobile technology and curiosity to learn new things
• Design and build advanced applications for the iOS platform
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
• Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
• Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
• Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency