Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a growing industry? Then take a closer look at Vestas. The Service & Spare Parts Sourcing is a newly established department designed to support the Vestas Global Service Business and its end customers. Our strategic objective is to build a competitive advantage for Vestas in growing Service arena and making it even more powerful in the coming years. Given the dynamics of the after-market and our dedicated wish to claim leadership in that market you will join a fast paced environment with a strong growth potential.
Purchaser - Multibrand Spare Parts (Global Procurement & Sourcing)
Vestas American Wind Technology
Global Procurement - Service & Spare Parts
We are in the process of building a strong global team focused on spare parts and repairs. The goal of this team is to deliver world class sourcing and category management strategy driving cost, quality and on time delivery. As a part of this team we are now looking for a dynamic and ambitious Purchaser, who has the skills, passion, energy and drive to contribute to this vision.
- Identify new suppliers, technologies and solutions in order to fulfill targets and KPIs.
- Ensure that your suppliers in international and local market are supporting Vestas objectives cost, delivery, quality and safety.
- Lead commercial and Purchase Agreement negotiations with suppliers.
- Ensure that the spare parts and main components are available within short lead time's at most competitive price with quality and fulfilling safety standards.
- Support the category strategy for multibrand spare parts.
- Other tasks as assigned to allow for periodic (non-regular) or special projects that do not impact main functions of role.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business Administration along with other relevant higher education. MBA preferred.
- At least 3-5 years' experience in similar sourcing role.
- Demonstrated success in understanding purchasing agreements, and negotiation strategy, balancing business profitability and customer needs.
- Background in mechanical engineering or electrical engineering preferred; knowledge of Spare Parts, Repairs & Service of Wind Turbine Generators incl. main components.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement and quality methodology skills. Recommends and drives improvement about the industry (pricing, trends, competitors, value drivers, etc.)
- Detail orientation and analytical rigor.
- Strong PC computer skills (MS Office) required, ERP knowledge highly preferred (SAP).
- Valid driver's license, ability to obtain passport and travel as needed to meet business objectives.
- Ability to perform under high pressure and dynamic work environment managing multiple deliverables.
- Ability to function effectively under pressure in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands.
- Ability to assimilate technical and commercial information and translate that into appropriate business assessments.
- Essential behaviors - cooperation, continuous improvement, flexibility, customer focus, active listener, etc.
- Communication- Strong verbal and written communication skills required (level of communication within company - with team, stakeholders, all levels, etc.)
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is located in Portland, OR
Travel required as an essential element of job (up to 10%).
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more the 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of the total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.