Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a growing industry? Then take a closer look at Vestas.
Manager Legal Team Germany (f/m) - Hamburg
Legal Department - Vestas Central Europe
The Legal Department consists of 18 team-members and is represented in Germany (Hamburg and Husum), Austria (Vienna), The Netherlands (Arnhem) and South-Africa (Johannesburg). The legal support is provided for the German speaking countries, Benelux, Eastern Europe and Balkan-countries, as well as the Southern and South-Eastern part of Africa. The Legal Department is part of Vestas Wind Systems A/S in Denmark and consists of more than 100 highly motivated colleagues worldwide.
As the Manager of the Legal Team you will lead a multinational team of legal experts in different locations worldwide. In addition, you will also be part the Sales team, which is responsible for selling wind turbines and services for wind turbines. Besides, you will be part of a Team of Managers and Senior Specialists, reporting directly to the Vice-President Legal CEU/General Counsel. You will work in close cooperation with the Danish headquarter in Copenhagen, so the willingness to travel is a key-requirement.
- Manage a team of 6 lawyers and 1 para-legal, located in Hamburg and Husum
- Legally support Sales and Service Teams in Germany in drafting, negotiating and reviewing contracts for the sale and service of wind-turbines and bringing innovative solutions and advice, demanded or unsolicited about strategies
- Responsible in cooperation with the Sales and Service Teams for being compliant with requirements set by agreements and respective applicable national legislation, as well as with the internal processes and Vestas Group guidelines
- Analyze complex legal cases, including risk-assessment and elaborate on solutions for risk mitigation
- Assigning, managing and cooperating with well-established law-firms in the local markets
- Align on a regular basis with the Management of Sales and Service Co-responsible for budget
- Master-Degree in German law (Volljurist)
- Several years' experience in an international environment in a law organization or international in-house legal department, preferably also in a management position
- Special legal expertise in contract law, construction law and/or energy law (ideally Renewable Energy Law (EEG))
- Extensive experience in negotiating agreements
- Excellent knowledge of the German and English language in writing and speaking
- A self-starter who is pro-active, has a positive attitude and is able to cope with unexpected situations
- Solution- and result-oriented and able to put things in the right perspective
- Willingness to travel
What we offer:
We offer an exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring, high performing and international work environment in the renewable energy sector. We highly value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
Location will be Hamburg.
You can apply online by clicking on the "Apply Online" button at the top or bottom of this page.
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.