Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
The Enterprise Mobility Center of Excellence (SMARTworks) is a new enterprise team that is responsible for working collaboratively with the lines of business (e.g., Gas Operations, Electric Operations, etc.) to implement consumer grade mobile solutions across various user groups (e.g., field users, office workers, etc.). This includes, but is not limited to:
• Deploying best-in-class / rapid delivery capability for mobile solutions
• Simplifying, improving, and standardizing business work management processes for mobile needs
SMARTworks consists of a staff of highly skilled professionals working together to produce mobile solutions following an agile methodology. We are a "start-up" department within IT and building a team of driven and creative mobile developers. We take the time to understand our partners' needs and translate those into solutions that delight our users. Our goal is to deliver products with intuitive user experience that will improve PG&E employees' safety, productivity and overall well-being.
We are seeking an experienced Product Owner in the SMARTworks team who will provide a clear vision of the product that will be built. From the vision the Product Owner forms well defined user stories, prioritizes user stories and backlog and provides a clear-time line of the product. This role maintains the technical integrity and quality of the features/components the team is responsible for. The Product Owner focuses on the end-user experience, needs and features that drive a roadmap to deliver their vision. They are also responsible for building and maintaining relationships that allow the Product Owner to act as the customer proxy. Uses influence to overcome hierarchal challenges.
• Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in related field or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of related work experience
• Experience as a team member or Product Owner of an agile development team
• Custom Mobile application development or mobile platform development experience
• Can foster a creative, "fail fast" environment, supportive of risks
• Has a strong followership
• Humble - takes feedback well and shows resilience
• Hungry - desires to get things done, is execution oriented, and seeks better ways to do the job
• Collaborative - has strong interpersonal skills; cares about and works well with teammates
• Resilience and rapid iteration - exhibits a "fail fast" mentality, and bounces back from setbacks
• Fosters a creative, "fail fast" environment, supportive of risks
• Desire to actively provide strengths-based coaching
• Has a strong followership
• Builds vision into larger PG&E strategy and culture
• Ability to influence others to buy into vision
• Attracts self-motivated "doers" to the team
• Willingness to influence PG&E more broadly • Ability to dynamically reprioritizes highest priority work
• Quickly moves to most viable alternatives
• Can leads complex product scrum teams
• Establishes product vision for complex and high impact products incorporating leading-edge technologies
• Recognizes and prioritizes the most important work for product teams (short-term and long-term work)
• Leads high complexity Product Scrum teams
• Responsible for working with team(s) to surface and implement / address improvements / remove impediments that have implications across the department
• Balances tradeoffs among product value, design and technology
• Acts as the voice of the customer, interfacing with enterprise leaders as an advocate for your product
• Identifies audience, user groups, needs and feature requirements.
• Aligns user needs and business value while streamlining and championing delivery channels for product delivery. Includes technical and go-to-market delivery.
• Develops feature requirements and acceptance criteria while acting as final release gatekeeper for new functionality
• Define and launch minimum viable products, adding key features/requirements incrementally