Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
PG&E's Information Technology (IT) organization is comprised of various unified departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
The Enterprise Mobility Center of Excellence (SMARTworks) is a new enterprise team that is responsible for working collaboratively with the lines of business (e.g., Gas Operations, Electric Operations, etc.) to implement consumer grade mobile solutions across various user groups (e.g., field users, office workers, etc.). This includes, but is not limited to:
• Deploying best-in-class / rapid delivery capability for mobile solutions • Simplifying, improving, and standardizing business work management processes for mobile needs
SMARTworks consists of a staff of highly skilled professionals working together to produce mobile solutions following an agile methodology. We are a "start-up" department within IT and building a team of driven and creative mobile developers. We take the time to understand our partners' needs and translate those into solutions that delight our users. Our goal is to deliver products with intuitive user experience that will improve PG&E employees' safety, productivity and overall well-being.
What you will get:
• The opportunity to contribute, in the earliest stages, a best in class digital organization that ships real products to real users every week
• Extreme management support for your development and your day to day success
• Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing team
• Best in class perks and benefits
We are seeking an experienced Scrum Master in the SMARTworks team who will concurrently manage one or more custom mobility products across mobile app development. You will support the team and the Product Owner and helps them communicate, solve problems and deliver a great product. It's your role to teach the team all ways of agile software practices, lead all Scrum ceremonies, remove impediments and shield them from external distractions. You will bring the Product Owner and the team together and helps them understand each other. You would be a personal coach for team members and an innovator who constantly seek ways to improve yourself and the team.
• Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in related field or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of related work experience
• Experience as a team member or Scrum master of an agile development team
• Custom Mobile application development or mobile platform development experience
• Knowledge of Agile software development principles, values, concepts, methods, best practices, and techniques as needed to perform at the job level
• Knowledge of workforce planning analytics theories, concepts, methods, best practices, and techniques as needed to perform at the job level
• Ability to influence and lead behavior change
• Competency in developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
• Competency in building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
• Competency in applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization goals
• Competency in effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization
Desired Education / Skills:
• 3+ year of experience working as a Scrum Master in an agile environment
• Deep knowledge of relevant domains/products/journeys
• Ability to promote innovative thinking and self-improvement within the team
• Confident and skilled at navigating the team through road-blocks to allow sprints to be completed on time
• Past developer experience would be ideal
• Ability to coach team on agile practices and ensure adherence to agile methodology to deliver max business value on time
• Strong communication skills with ability to communicate complex messages and teach new concepts
• Able to resolve conflicts within the team before they become an issue - strong mediator
• Active coach and mentor whose goal is to grow and maximize the team's potential
• Assertive, with the confidence to be voice of authority - not afraid to do what is best for the team
• Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around her/him
• Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace.
• Scrum Master certification preferred
• Experience working on mobile application preferred
• Ability to build strong relationships with and influence leadership and stakeholders
• Guide the team and organization on how to use scrum & agile practices and methodologies
• Oversee scrum process and coaches the team; facilitates transparency, inspection and adaptation
• Lead daily scrum, sprint review, and planning meetings in a way that ensures full team engagement
• Supports team vision through backlog grooming
• Support Product Owner on release planning
• Remove impediments (egg., cultural barriers, logistic challenges)
• Foster close cooperation across all team members, encourage cross-training and supporting each other
• Facilitate communication and collaboration inside and outside the team
• Shield the team from external interference and ensure the team is fully functional and productive
• Foster self-organization and growth within the team
• Foster discipline and respect by dsplaying/updating the teams rules (ie working agreements and 'definition of done')
• Generate agile mindset in team and organization through conversations, coaching, and role playing exercises
• Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of punishment
• Require little to no coaching as an influencing scrum master • Develop and maintain a productive working relationship with the development team, product owner, project sponsors, vendors, and stakeholders
• Ensure that all mobile application and platform project team members have the necessary tools and training to be effective