This is a proposal req for contract work not yet obtained. Any job offers made would be contingent upon CH2M being awarded the contract work.
The Vibration Technician is responsible for the installation, removal, troubleshooting, repair and calibration of Bentley Nevada vibration monitoring systems and probes. This position requires the ability to work safely with others in a team environment and the ability to communicate clearly with customers, contractors, and fellow employees.
Essential Job Functions
- Preform trouble shooting, maintenance and repair of installed Bentley Nevada equipment.
- Support maintenance crews with the removal and reinstallation of vibration probes on equipment on which they are working.
- Respond to work orders in a timely manner and ensure vibration equipment is repaired as required.
- Develop Bill of Materials for required repair parts working with the planning staff to insure correct parts are ordered.
- Work closely with the client activity planning schedulers to insure ensure work orders are scheduled and completed in a timely manner.
- May also, as requested, provide complete vibration data gathering and analysis on the designated equipment as required by the predictive maintenance program., including the following:
- Gather data using the CSI 2130 data collectors.
- Analyze vibration data using the CSI software.
- Communicate areas concern identified in data gathering and analysis to the REEs and the affected facility - Maintenance/Operations Team Leads.
- Respond to requests from EOA facilities to preform vibration analysis on identified equipment.
- Communicate clearly with customers, contractors, subcontractors, and fellow employees
- Work within and adheres to all Work Management and Control of Work standards as required
- Complete task hazard risk assessments and mitigate concerns.
- Demonstrate knowledge of technical and safety policies, procedures and standards applicable to vibration monitoring systems and probes.
- Work as part of a team and communicates effectively with fellow workers and clients
- Demonstrate a commitment to established safety policies and procedures
- Recognize and correct gaps in the safe execution of field maintenance work scope
- Independently perform required duties
- Other job duties as assigned.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is required to:
Must have ability to stand, walk on level, uneven and slippery surfaces, sit, squat, kneel, reach through low and high ranges and exhibit normal balance and coordination. These basic physical requirements are essential for safe performance of the job in harsh environments with exposure to very cold temperatures and while wearing arctic gear
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Lift 50 lbs. from floor to waist level x 2 with a 12 second interval
- Lift 43 lbs. from floor to shoulder level x 2 with a 12 second interval
- Lift 28 lbs. from floor to crown/overhead level x 2 with a 12 second interval
- Carry 50 lbs. with two hands for a minimum distance of 30 feet x 2 allow a 60 second rest period between repetitions
- Stairs: Walk up and down 20 steps x 5 repetitions for a total of 100 steps. Self-paced allow a 60 second rest break after walking up and down 50 steps.
- Climb Stairs and Carry: While carrying 30 lbs. in one hand and holding onto a railing with the other hand for safety, walk up and down 20 steps x 3 for a total of 60 steps. Self-paced but continuous, allow a 60 second rest break after walking up and down each set of 20 steps.
- Slanted Ladder: Climb up and down 30 rungs x 2 repetitions for a total of 60 rungs. Self-paced allow a 60 second rest period after a set of 30 rungs.
- Repetitive Stoop Test: Perform from standing position, bend forward at waist as far as possible without bending the knees with hands reaching toward the floor x 10, self-paced, but continuous.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Five (5) - eight (8) years of experience working in the Petro Chemical, Power Generation, Marine Offshore, Maritime or related industries.
- Five (5) - eight (8)years of experience in the removal, installation, troubling and repair of Bentley Nevada vibration monitoring systems and probes.
- Five years' minimum experience logically organizing, evaluating, and executing appropriate testing or troubleshooting methodologies for rotating equipment vibration issues.
- Five years' minimum experience working with cabinet mounted vibration monitoring equipment.
- Valid driver's license and ability to be insured by CH2MHILL's auto insurer.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel).
- Certification as ASNT Vibration Level 1 or Level 2.
- Five years minimum experience completing vibration data gathering and analysis.
- Five years minimum experience with the CSI 2130 data loggers and CSI software.
- Experience working in an arctic environment.
This job description is intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of the job incumbents
This position is located on the North Slope and requires a rotational work schedule.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon:
Demonstrated ability to perform the physical requirements (listed above) of this position via the successful completion of a Fitness for Duty Evaluation;
Negative results in a drug test
Attainment of a North Slope Training Certification (NSTC) via completion of modules
CH2M will schedule and cover program costs for Fitness for Duty Evaluations, drug tests, and NSTC training for job candidates. Candidates will not be compensated for their personal time spent completing these programs or for costs of previously attending the NSTC training, drug test or FFD evaluation.
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let's get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CH2M will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.,) to fill this position.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .
Job Location CH2M, Prudhoe Bay
Prudhoe Bay, AK US
View on Google maps