If you want to be part of the high-paced, international work environment of Vestas, the global leader in wind energy, now is your chance! Your achievements change the world's energy mix and help preserve our planet for future generations. As part of the HR Team, you have daily impact working with all levels of the organization.
Vestas Americas, HR Operations
The HR Business Partner serves as People & Culture (P&C) strategic Business Partner to assigned client group(s) with responsibility for workforce and succession planning, and talent and performance management activities. Identifies and provides client-focused people solutions that drive effective business results through the alignment of P&C initiatives to strategic business goals. Position is responsible for raising the level of organizational performance.
- Works with functional business leadership to identify key business objectives and identify P&C implications of those business objectives. Helps align short and long-term business and P&C objectives and work plans.
- Partners with relative P&C colleagues to identify implications of strategic objectives for staffing, development, succession, diversity, compensation & reward etc.
- Works with functional clients to plan, develop and implement concrete people strategies and provides leadership in the change process to create a productive culture focused on and accountable for results, stronger collaboration and teamwork, and fully engages and develops team members.
- Works with functional business leaders on a day-to-day basis to support their team's development and growth. Provides guidance to management on strategies to effectively manage employee performance to reduce the risk of employment litigation, increase employee morale, and minimize turnover.
- Promotes positive performance management within the functional client group(s) at all levels and influence the business stakeholders to drive an improvement in capability. Drives and monitors the effectiveness of performance management and goal-setting initiatives, including leadership and professional development initiatives.
- Ensures retention of the best talent by working with business stakeholders to create a positive working culture and environment which improves team and individual engagement levels.
- In conjunction with annual People Review process, conducts annual workforce planning discussions that include: evaluation of market demands and challenges, competency requirement identification versus existing competencies, organizational design and gap strategies. Proactively consults with functional business leaders to diagnose and analyze current and future talent needs, to create a strategic workforce plan, and proactively manages ongoing execution against workforce plan.
- Partners with functional client leadership to develop and implement succession plan through identification, development, mentoring, and training of key positions.
- Facilitates improvement processes concerning team performance, organizational redesign, and change management. Works with the business to identify problems, hold the necessary meetings and help the business to achieve the desired results.
- Supports annual employee survey by facilitating results analysis, feedback and action planning for future improvements.
- Manages and leads pre-defined P&C initiatives in client groups, ensuring full implementation of all P&C processes, practices and programs.
- Ensures policies, procedures and practices comply with employment laws and align with Company strategic goals. Advises management on strategies designed to maintain consistent treatment and compliance with employment laws to create an environment that encourages employee creativity and innovation.
- Interfaces with and brokers P&C Centers of Excellence (COEs) to obtain specialist resources and works with these teams to develop their knowledge of the segment lines of business and facilitate relationship building. Partners with P&C COEs to train functional business leaders and managers on P&C processes and best practices.
- Participates in process improvement efforts and Company cross-functional teams to ensure our processes are streamlined and meet our client expectations. Analyzes internal trends as well as practices of other companies to make recommendations to management to ensure the Company remains competitive and is able to attract/retain qualified employees.
- Participates in professional development sessions or seminars. Works on special projects. Leads special and cross-functional project teams.
- Minimum of BA/BS degree with at least 7 years of related HR Management, Business Partnering / OD experience or the equivalent.
- PHR, SPHR, GPHR certification preferred.
- Requires demonstrated HR generalist background with planning, development, implementation, facilitation and review of a variety of HR initiatives to deliver solutions to clients.
- Must have ability to understand and develop effective HR and OD strategies while understanding the implications from a culture, business success, company practice and legal standpoint.
- Strong business acumen, with experience presenting to and influencing senior business leaders, an analytical approach to problem solving, experience designing and project managing successful people programs, and a track record of innovation.
- Ability to be proactive, navigate the enterprise to drive a variety of short and long term strategies and tactics with varying priorities. The ability to translate client business plans and goals into human resource capabilities is needed to achieve results.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including confidentiality, interpersonal skills, presentation skills and an ability to use a variety of communication tools. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, especially senior managers and other key decisions makers.
- Possesses strategic thinking and planning/facilitation ability, and flexibility to function in a fast paced and innovative environment. The ability to dive into the details will be critical for success.
- The ability to diagnose problems and identify & implement appropriate solutions.
- The ability to provide leadership, work collaboratively on teams, and consult effectively and independently with all levels of the organization.
- Strong ability to multi-task, takes initiative, negotiate, and influence thinking.
- Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. employment law required and Canadian employment law preferred.
- Demonstrated flexibility working in a dynamic and changing organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationship with all internal contacts/coworkers.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize many tasks and complete tasks with accuracy and efficiency.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter and be able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Proven skill in the operation and utilization software such as MS Office products i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
This position is located in Portland, OR.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.