ABB provides industry leading software and deep domain expertise to help the world's most asset intensive industries such as energy, utilities and mining solve their biggest challenges, from plant level, regional network scale, to global fleet-wide operations. At ABB, it's the people that matter most - to us and our customers. Which is why we're always looking to add more talent to our team. Knowledge is critical. Drive is essential. Creativity is the key. Currently we are looking for a candidate to work in our Enterprise Software Research and Development Center in Krakow. If you are a QA engineer willing to develop in an international environment, then this is an opportunity for you!
We're looking for a highly-motivated QA Engineer who's not afraid to talk to the person sitting next to him and recognizes the importance of both individual and group effort to deliver computer high quality enterprise class product, meeting customer needs.
The role is accountable for the following activities:
• Write and execute test cases and test scenarios;
• Effectively document identified defects. Cooperate with developers to resolve any product issues;
• Effectively use test management tools to maintain and execute test scripts;
• Identify efficiency opportunities, propose innovations and means of implementing new technology/processes in QA field;
• Support Product Owners by ensuring product quality meets design and operational standards. Provide feedback related to key challenges/product limitations uncovered during testing;
• Support creation of the test plans and perform planning activities;
• Support development of test automation in the product;
• Be a member of an agile team, focusing on a team goal.
• Bachelor's degree or above in engineering, computer science, or related technical;
• 2+ years in related field including technical experience in software testing and quality assurance management;
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience with QA best practices and methodologies;
• Knowledge of SQL and databases;
• Knowledge of tools: HP ALM, MS TFS or equivalent;
• Experience with usage of Server Operating Systems is a plus;
• Excellent written and verbal communication in English;
• Ability to build strong working relationship with managers and other functional and technical team members;
• Demonstrate ability to solve problems with strong analytical skills while working under pressure and without direct supervision;
• Utilities industry experience is big plus;
• Experience in an agile development environment is a plus.