Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
IT Business Technology is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions, improving service quality, increasing capabilities through the development of additional functionality, implementing new technology, reducing costs, increasing productivity, and facilitating organizational and business effectiveness through enabling technologies.
The Senior Functional Analyst, IT Finance Systems, is responsible for the development of IT solutions for PG&E Financial systems and is well versed with all phases of the software development life cycle, including business process analysis, systems analysis, business process blueprinting, configuration, development, testing, cut-over preparation, end user training, and go-live activities as well as post go-live system and end user support.
The Senior Functional Analyst will work with the team of functional, technical experts and consultants responsible for developing/enhancing/supporting SAP modules and other applications in the IT Financial Systems area. Provides subject matter expertise for Finance related applications to assure that best practices are implemented and the modules/applications are efficiently and effectively used to support the business requirements.
The Senior Functional Analyst works with the Manager to build and maintains relationships with the relevant client teams for business requirements, issues resolution and sustained overall customer satisfaction.
• B.A. /B.S. degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or other relevant field required.
• Minimum of 5 years supporting SAP systems.
• Experience designing and configuring complex SAP solutions.
• Minimum 2 years of configuration experience in two or more SAP modules such as FI/CO, SD, AP, AR, PS, etc.
• Demonstrated knowledge of SAP integration with other SAP modules and 3rd party systems
• Experience analyzing and supporting non-SAP systems.
• Willingness to work in other SAP modules.
• Ability to translate business requirements into SAP/IT solutions required.
• Strong communication skills to interact with all levels of management, business users and developers.
• SAP ABAP programming knowledge and/or debugging experience. No coding skills needed.
• Demonstrated knowledge of SAP Change Management Process.
• Demonstrated knowledge of SAP Business Warehouse (SAP BW), Business Planning and Consolidations (BPC)
• Demonstrated knowledge of IT Project management methodologies.
• Leadership role or extensive participation in ERP projects of high complexity
• Responsible for the design, configuration, implementation and support of SAP Finance modules. Assignment will be a mix of Projects, Enhancements, and Production Support.
• Ensures successful implementation of new/enhanced functionality on time, on scope and within budget.
• Collaborates with a team of functional, technical and testing resources in the successful fulfillment of development/enhancement and production support commitments for PG&E Finance functions.
• Communicates and coordinates with Manager, technical lead, business leadership, and Project Manager to ensure appropriate integration of processes and modules/applications/systems across enterprise.
• Resolves issues or escalates as needed.