Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Safety & Workforce Health works with all lines of business to develop and integrate innovative and proactive safety and health solutions. The organization develops company-wide policies and procedures for safety and health and provides subject matter expertise on a variety of safety disciplines. Safety maintains knowledge of, interprets and determines regulatory compliance with safety and health regulations, policies, and public and organizational safety programs.
This position will deliver and support a programmatic leadership approach that is foundational to the successful implementation of an enterprise safety management system.
The successful candidate will work across the utility to develop and implement utility standards, guidance and programs which are compliance with regulations and are effective to proactively identify, mitigate and/or eliminate exposures. This position will lead of team of safety professionals who are subject matter experts in construction and utility safety. The fundamental role of this position will be to facilitate revision of standards, processes, and technologies to be used across the company, as well as influence changing workforce safety regulations.
The position will be based in the Bay Area. There will be a minimum of 25% travel throughout the service territory.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- 9 years' experience in safety program development and management in the construction or utilities industries or related industry
- 5 years of experience in supervising people
- Must posses a valid CA Driver's License on day one
- Process improvement experience
- Certified Safety Professional
- Experience conducting or managing safety analysis in the utilities or related industries
- Safety Management Systems (SMS) experience
- Highly effective communication skills
- Ability to develop strong working relationships; high personal credibility at all organizational levels
- Ability to organize clear and concise presentation points and deliver these in an informative, engaging, and articulate manner
- Ability to solve problems, taking into account the strategic and operational perspective
- Demonstrated strong customer focus, project achievement/management and cross-functional collaboration/teamwork skills;
- Advanced knowledge of CalOSHA general industry and construction safety orders and other recognized safety regulations and standards (e.g., ANSI, ASTM, NFPA, NEC, FedOSHA, etc).
- Partnering with the Lines of Business, design, implement, and sustain an effective safety standards and guidance for proactive identification, mitigation or elimination of work place exposures. Subject matter expert on safety regulations, including interpretation and applicability to the utility.
- Provide subject matter expertise to safety professionals and the Lines of Business on compliant and effective safe working practices.
- Integrates program with existing risk management and investigation processes.
- Influences and tracks new and changing workforce safety regulations.
- Facilitate development and delivery of resources and tools.
- Leads development of program goals and metrics to meet company goals and objectives and goals.
- Supervises a team of 7 safety professionals.