The challenge? Ensure the continued successful delivery of program management services to Chicago Department of Water Management's Capital Improvement Program.
CTR (a joint venture of CH2M, Teng & Assoc. (exp U.S. Services), and Rise Engineering (ARCADIS U.S.)) provides program management services to the Chicago Dept. of Water Management (CDWM). As part of the CTR program team, supporting the CDWM Capital Improvement Program, this position will report to the CTR Water Main Design Group Manager. CTR provides design services for the water main that is replaced by DWM as part of its capital improvement program (CIP) and the primary responsibility of this position is to produce the CIP designs. The current need is for an experienced professional engineer who, besides producing his own project designs, can also review the work of others and sign/seal the reviewed designs. The position is deadline driven and requires a high degree of organization to simultaneously maintain multiple projects.
Our Senior Water Main Design Engineers:
• Develop, review, sign, and seal engineering plans for water main improvements
• Provide review, quality assurance, and quality control for designs developed by others
• Support pipeline design development by providing junior engineers with oversight and guidance, as well as training in DWM water main design guidelines and procedures
• Verify design compliance with IEPA regulations and adherence to established DWM and CTR design standards
• Provide guidance and review of coordination projects with other entities such as sewer and CDOT
• Develop and review quantity takeoffs and cost estimates
• Manage existing design delivery workflow and provide input for process improvements
• Coordinate closely with the CTR Force Account, Engineering Planning, and Construction teams
• Assist with project status tracking in Microsoft® Excel, Primavera® Version 6, and Microsoft Access® database
• Review and make recommendations for updates to DWM standards and specifications
• Facilitate and provide responses to construction-phase RFIs and design adjustments as necessary
• Review submittals for compliance with DWM standards and specificationsThe minimum qualifications for this position are:
• B.S. Engineering (Civil preferred)
• Professional Engineering (P.E.) license for the state of Illinois
• Minimum 8 years of engineering design and construction oversight experience, with particular emphasis on water conveyance and underground utilities
• Detailed understanding of pipeline design standards, regulatory requirements, and standard industry practices for construction.
• Experience with the interpretation of utility records/maps
• Experience working in/for municipal agencies or with utility infrastructure work The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• Familiarity with Microstation® or AutoCAD®
• Familiarity with Primavera® Version 6 and ArcGIS®
• Proficiency with Microsoft tools, including MSWord, Outlook, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
• Familiarity with ADA design requirements
• Familiarity with the City of Chicago, its water system, and construction specifications
• Familiarity with Illinois EPA and Illinois Pollution Control Board regulations
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .
Job Location CH2M, Chicago
Chicago, IL US
View on Google maps