The challenge? Apply leading edge technologies to plan and prioritize solutions that efficiently manage water resources and achieve cost effective environmental outcomes.
Interested in the intersection of technology, civil engineering, and the environment? A global leader in the water engineering industry, CH2M is seeking candidates that can apply leading edge technologies to plan and prioritize solutions that efficiently manage water resources and achieve cost effective environmental outcomes.
We are looking for someone who excels in developing, calibrating and applying simulation models in wastewater collection and/or treatment systems. A key focus will be linking technologies such as optimization algorithms, data science for trend analysis and prediction, and advanced visualization techniques in models. Additionally the position will require custom tool development and/or data workflows, using existing tools and software, to apply the power of automation and 'Big Compute' to today's most pressing water management challenges.
Our Water Optimization Engineers:
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Work independently, with minor guidance from senior staff, in executing modeling responsibilities.
- Incorporate GIS mapping to support model development and results visualizations as needed.
- Research applicable technologies to solve specific computing or analysis challenges.
- Track cost requirements of software licensing needs with software applicability and effectiveness, against preferred technology outcomes.
- Provide technical recommendations in solving unique, challenging problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Coordinate with other modelers and programmers across CH2M's global practice in technical standard development and approaches.
- Manage modeling and tool development efforts.
- Develop scopes and budgets, provide feedback, and track completion of tasks.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree from a four year, ABET-accredited university.
- 6 years of experience in:
- The wastewater industry developing calibrating and applying hydrologic and hydraulic models
- EPA-SWMM Infoworks CS or ICM, or Mike Urban software platforms.
- Integrating geospatial data into multi-step modeling workflows using ArcGIS.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Linear and non-linear optimization algorithms and meta-heuristics
- C# and python preferred, though Delphi, VBA, C++, Fortran, and R are also valued.
- Data analysis proficiency
- Experience with SQL (SQL Server or MySQL preferred)
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .
Job Location CH2M, Chicago
Chicago, IL US
View on Google maps