Provide environmental scientific support for our rapidly growing siting, licensing, and construction compliance practice.
The Biologist Staff Scientist career path will give you the opportunity to play a role in all stages of siting and permitting projects in the industrial and energy sectors, including fuel pipelines, electrical transmission, wind turbine plants, and power plant facilities. In this position, you will serve as a key team member working with scientists, engineers, project managers, and other project staff. You should be a self-motivated professional with a Bachelors or Master's Degree in Biology, Ecology, or similar environmental discipline and have a desire to build a career in environmental consulting services. As part of the team you will be able to Conduct wetland delineations and prepare subsequent federal and state permitting. Must be able to provide support and expertise in field biology, regulatory strategy, NEPA analysis, and permitting. Specific background and expertise should consist of strong wetland, wildlife, botanical technical expertise, and/or familiarity and experience with regulatory permitting. Good communication skills (written and verbal) and organizational skills are essential. This role is expected to include support to project management to teams on dynamic energy (pipeline and/or transmission line) projects. Experience with large utility projects is desirable. Ability to work independently and see project to completion. Ability to direct staff technicians regarding data collection, preparation of figures and maps, and report production. If you're up for the challenge, we've been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• BS or MS degree in Biology, Environmental Science, Ecology or a related field
• 5 years of wetland delineations experience
• Experience serving on and leading teams of field scientists preferred.
• Experience preparing environmental impact evaluation, siting reports, and environmental permit applications, including field surveys and reporting, resource and impact evaluations, preparation of NEPA analysis and documentation, and Section 7 ESA Consultation.
• Experience with environmental permitting of utility facilities including: USACE 404 wetland permitting, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania permitting, and other environmental permitting.
• Experience performing various biological field surveys for planning and construction.
• Ability to travel and work in the field. The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
5-10 years of wetland delineation experience - PWS Certification preferred
Experience conducting endangered and threatened species surveys in New Jersey
Knowledge and specific experience with the following New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Permits:
• Freshwater Wetlands General Permits (N.J.A.C. 7:7A-5)
• Freshwater Wetlands Individual Permit (N.J.A.C. 7:7A-7)
• Flood Hazard Area Permits (N.J.A.C. 7:13)
• Waterfront Development Permits (N.J.A.C. 7:7)
• CAFRA Permits (N.J.A.C. 7:7)
Experience permitting projects within the Hackensack Meadowlands District
Experience negotiating with regulatory agencies including USACE, NJDEP, PADEP, Soil Conservation Districts.
Certification as a Qualified Bog Turtle Phase II Surveyor
Progress toward certification as a Professional Wetland Scientist
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let's get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc) to fill this position
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .
Job Location CH2M, Parsippany
Parsippany, NJ US
View on Google maps